The New Wallpaper Of Xfce 4.12

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pjezek View Post
    Why by hell you evaluate the new distro version solely according its wallpaper? You may often buy a well wrapped trash if you do so daily... Wait for 4.12, download it, test it and then be judges!
    It's kind of a running joke with an unfortunate reality underneath. A distro is made up of many complex things, but you might be surprised how many people complain (and how loudly they complain) if they don't like the default wallpaper.

Michael did an April Fools article about it :

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite
    Test signature

Comment

I am still using the 4.10 one

I am still using the 4.10 one, I really liked that one, and will still use that one with version 4.12. Also, I don't get all the rants toward xfce, it's mostly good as is (at least I can't think of anything more I'd like to see). It just needs a bunch of bugfixes and gtk3 port.

Comment

It's aliveeeee !!!

Comment

Originally posted by bridgman View Post
          It's kind of a running joke with an unfortunate reality underneath. A distro is made up of many complex things, but you might be surprised how many people complain (and how loudly they complain) if they don't like the default wallpaper.
          This comes to the very simple fact. First impression matters. So for program (OS, DE) it better to have pleasant look and feel by default. Because if something looks like crap, 99.9(9)% of users will not be inspired to examine program any further and even if program is good, it would not help it much, because most people would be tempted to "purge this crap". Needless to say, good wallpaper is a must for anyhow decent DE unless devs in mood to hear their DE is awful crap.

On other hand, show something inspiring and many humans will be in mood to try to learn to do similar inspiring things as well. Sure, not everyone can do absolutely any kinds of jobs. But it's better to try and fail than fail to try...

Comment

Working...
          X