No announcement yet.

VLC 2.2 "Weathermax" Brings Better VP9 & H.265 Support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A little pissed off as I actually had to downland a first non beta Android release as (tonight's) nighly. They didn't update links, versions on Google's play or anything. A little irresponsible especially considering magnitude of people leading the project.

Comment

Originally posted by Adriannho View Post
      I haven't used vlc in a while now. Can anyone comment on the current level of VDPAU support? For Radeon that is.
      I checked like 2 weeks ago and VLC 2.2 with VDPAU was consuming more CPU than smplayer with VDPAU, it was like 9% vs 4% CPU usage. So I'm staying with smplayer/vpdau for now.

Comment

Originally posted by mark45 View Post
        I checked like 2 weeks ago and VLC 2.2 with VDPAU was consuming more CPU than smplayer with VDPAU, it was like 9% vs 4% CPU usage. So I'm staying with smplayer/vpdau for now.
        Have you tried using the latest SMPlayer with MPV as a backend? They don't use the recommended interfaces for MPV which makes me wonder about how stable it is and how the performance stacks up with SMPlayer/mplayer...
        AKA I was wondering if you've tested it because I'm too lazy to do it >.<

Comment

Originally posted by siavashserver
          The code name is Weatherwax
          yeah, some people don't even Discworld.

Comment

Donated today.

Comment

Originally posted by mark45 View Post
              That's exactly what I wanted to know. Thanks man. Staying with SMplayer too then

Comment

VLC 2.2 should reduce cpu usage...

Comment

Working...
                X