X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kemosabe
    replied
    Originally posted by pinguinpc View Post
    Wine devs not have any interest in gallium because as your said is not supported other supported systems and other reason maybe could be gallium users are very few compared to wine users in all wine supported systems without forget them dont have any interest in support double dx9 implementation
    The gallium faction won another user: me.
    Catalyst+wine performance was really bad, now i play with d3dstream.
    My favorite steam games work very well, too.

Meanwhile catalyst is stuck at 14.12 which had a severe performance drop for me (especially with wine).
    Interstellar Marines was unplayable with catalyst. Works fine with gallium.
    Propably it is true, wine's bad performance with MESA/opengl and catalyst is not wine's fault but recently emerged wine-modifications (wine-csmt/wine-staging, wine-d3dstream) do show a strong desire for better wine performance not only for not-nvidia fans.

By the way: 25000 lines only for d3dstream may sound impressive but honestly: How much effort can it be to maintain code which just wraps native d3d9 API?

Leave a comment:

• Uramekus
    replied
    Does Mac have support for CUDA?
    Yes, it has.
    Page displayed for direct links that are not supported by current publishing formats.

Leave a comment:

• Dukenukemx
    replied
    Wine devs not have any interest in gallium because as your said is not supported other supported systems and other reason maybe could be gallium users are very few compared to wine users in all wine supported systems without forget them dont have any interest in support double dx9 implementation
    Does Mac have support for CUDA?

Leave a comment:

• slackner
    replied

However gallium could have other options like make fork (this is good idea because wine development go in other direction) or improve actual opengl in gallium (however this must be improve with or without wine, if this improve native games improve)

I am from the Wine Staging team and I would like to comment on that. First of all, "Wine Staging" is not identical to "Wine". We have different maintainers, and also use different rules to decide what can go in and what not. Upstream Wine rejected the inclusion of Gallium 3D (and also didn't seem to have any interest to include CUDA support in the past for example), but Wine Staging will happily accept a cleaned up patchset to add this feature. When it is useful for at least a couple of people and is actively maintained, we have no problem with adding it to our version, even if it probably will never get upstream.

The main reason why Gallium Nine is not added yet is because the corresponding Wine code is still very "hacky". I know that this argument is difficult understand from a user perspective, especially when it already works pretty well. But for our Wine Staging tree it is also very important that the code quality is at least so good, that in theory other unrelated people can understand and improve it. It doesn't make sense to add it for example, when the interface between Wine and Mesa could basically change at any time. For interested people, the bug report on wine-staging.com contains more information about the remaining TODOs: https://bugs.wine-staging.com/show_bug.cgi?id=40#c3

Regards,
    Sebastian

Leave a comment:

• pinguinpc
    replied
    Originally posted by jrch2k8 View Post
    mmm i do understand that nVidia is quite good for gaming and it has better catch up speed with changes than AMD BLOB but i'm starting to dislike their policy to reject Gallium integration because is "linux specific" when they basically are integrating every nVidia only Linux specific non compatible with anything else in the world in wine.

so it seems to me, you can integrate anything you want in Wine as long is for nVidia BLOB, doesn't matter how specific it is, i mean is their project and they can do whatever the hell they want but there is no need to have this shameless double standards, the community will take better( i think) a clear answer like "We only support nVidia", at least this way you are clear of what to expect.

However gallium could have other options like make fork (this is good idea because wine development go in other direction) or improve actual opengl in gallium (however this must be improve with or without wine, if this improve native games improve)

Leave a comment:

• jrch2k8
    replied
    mmm i do understand that nVidia is quite good for gaming and it has better catch up speed with changes than AMD BLOB but i'm starting to dislike their policy to reject Gallium integration because is "linux specific" when they basically are integrating every nVidia only Linux specific non compatible with anything else in the world in wine.

so it seems to me, you can integrate anything you want in Wine as long is for nVidia BLOB, doesn't matter how specific it is, i mean is their project and they can do whatever the hell they want but there is no need to have this shameless double standards, the community will take better( i think) a clear answer like "We only support nVidia", at least this way you are clear of what to expect.

Leave a comment:

• phoronix
    started a topic Wine-Staging 1.7.36 Has Threadpool, CUDA 7, NVENC

Wine-Staging 1.7.36 Has Threadpool, CUDA 7, NVENC

Phoronix: Wine-Staging 1.7.36 Has Threadpool, CUDA 7, NVENC

With Wine 1.7.36 having been released on Friday, the Wine-Staging crew released their respective updated version of Wine patched with experimental features...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite
Working...
X