• Time
  • Show
Clear All
    Luke

• Luke
    replied
    Not heard before of your GTK2 issue

Originally posted by curaga View Post
    This sounds like something I'm seeing with gtk2 with current freetype. In the Sylpheed list of folders, when getting mail each folder moves up/down a few pixels before settling down. Long shot, but have you heard of such?
    I've not heard before of your GTK2 issue, but the only Gtk2 theme I use is a hacked version of the old UbuntuStudio theme from 2008, now supporting GTK2 and GTK3, and with fancy sliders and radio buttons borrowed from the "E17" theme in both.

Leave a comment:

• GreatEmerald

• GreatEmerald
    replied
    It gives me "plasma5". So I'd imagine they should have a larger pool of magic words. But yes, it does look to be the same case as with theming, where Qt interoperates and GTK does its own thing always :\

Leave a comment:

• grok

• grok
    replied
    First one gives 'mate' to me, second one is blank.

Leave a comment:

• magika

• magika
    replied
    Originally posted by grok View Post
    Wow from now I'll do echo $DESKTOP_SESSION on every computer to see if it works.
    Okay, its either DESKTOP_SESSION('kde' or 'gnome'), thats for example how Qt blends into GNOME (GTK blends into nothing, lol), or XDG_CURRENT_DESKTOP.

Leave a comment:

• grok

• grok
    replied
    What about Firefox 35 changes?

The bit in changelog about using resources when scaling (big) images is nice, perhaps that will fix some crashes when opening a large image - I had that happen yesterday. Older versions of Firefox used to be much much worse.
    Especially important as web devs don't bother resizing their images before uploading them! it's often left for the html to scale it down and then if you happen to open the image (say, right-click on it then middle-click "Display image") then you get the actual file, often with twice the pixels. Nice when I want to see the picture more clearly but the higher res picture is like an easter egg.

Leave a comment:

• grok

• grok
    replied
    Wow from now I'll do echo $DESKTOP_SESSION on every computer to see if it works.

Leave a comment:

• magika

• magika
    replied
    Originally posted by GreatEmerald View Post
    No it's not, by environment I meant environment variables. If there is some sort of $PREFERRED_FILECHOOSER environment variable, or some other variable that gives information on whether you're running a DE that prefers Qt or GTK, it could use that information to invoke the right file chooser. Like you said, Qt apps invoke the GTK2 file chooser on relevant platforms, so it's not like it's impossible to do.
    Most likely is DESKTOP_SESSION.

Leave a comment:

• Daniel Fraga

• Daniel Fraga
    replied
    Segfault at start...

There's some nasty bug in Firefox I report on every new major version (the segfault only happens when I compile with AVX optimization):

https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1121608

Just in case someone has a clue what's happening...

Leave a comment:

• TheBlackCat

• TheBlackCat
    replied
    Originally posted by GreatEmerald View Post
    Actually, looking at it, in Firefox I get the Qt dialog at the moment, so it looks like GTK2 does implement it as well.
    Firefox is a special case where it has been patched to use the correct dialogs. That doesn't work in general with GTK2 or GTK3 apps. Theming has the same issue, Qt apps respect GTK themes, but not vice versus.

Leave a comment:

• grok

• grok
    replied
    They might be not pleased with the prospects of GTK3 dialogs "downgraded" to GTK2, else that seems to be the problem with Gnome 3 / GTK3 developers living in their own island and the lack of communication.

I even find bleeding-edge Gnome 3 work intruiguing in a good way (the new gedit, dialogs turned "upside down" with the buttons on top etc.), that is innovation but they should give up believing they can force all of that stuff down on everyone. We don't lack alternatives and some people even end up going to Windows or Mac OS.
    grok
    Last edited by grok; 14 January 2015, 07:21 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X