No announcement yet.

Firefox 35 Is Ready For Release, Available For Download Now

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In Firefox mobile I hope they fixed the bug with variable text size in many sites, including this. Do you ever tried to read a Phoronix forum thread with Firefox mobile? That's a royal PITA.

Comment

And I'm thinking of switching to Rekonq. I'm using Firefox, but when I look into my very empty plugins page, I don't really see any reason to actually use it by default, only when something doesn't work right. Hmm.
      Though Firefox Hello is mighty useful.

Comment

Originally posted by GreatEmerald View Post
        Though Firefox Hello is mighty useful.
        It is the best thing happened in FOSS video/audio chat since the invention of the webcam. Fuck Skype and all the rest FOSS or not.

Comment

Originally posted by 89c51 View Post
          It is the best thing happened in FOSS video/audio chat since the invention of the webcam. Fuck Skype and all the rest FOSS or not.
          Well, Tox was (and still is) going fairly well, but yea, can't beat free and easy group-video calls.

Comment

Originally posted by user82 View Post
            MSE is really missing.
            Youtube often has problems in HTML5 mode for me
            https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=881514
            Are you running nightly? I've been able to use Youtube (even 60Hz) for a while now (both Intel and Radeon drivers).

Comment

I like that Firefox is using GTK2, because GTK2 won't die and more importantly we don't get the pile of shit "Save as..." GTK3 dialog which forces you to manually navigate to the destination folder instead of remembering the last one.
              For most purpose Firefox uses the XUL toolkit.

I believe I will use Flash 11.2 till 2017 (end of life) or at the least mid 2016 (linux mint 18), expecting to still run X11 without a compositor.
              X11, real 2D desktop, flash 11.2 => stable, up to date and not many problems
              It's the "LTS" of graphics and flash and works with any graphics card even one 16-year-old.

Comment

Originally posted by Luke View Post
                Firefox can probably run in Xwayland now, so there would always be the option of a wayland native build without flash support alongside a "firefox-legacy"
                built with gtk2 and without flash to handle non-HTLM5 cases, perhaps auto-launched. Another way would be to port the whole mess to QT, and then run
                any Flash elements in an xwayland window. Gtk2 and QT should be able to get along, unlike GTk2 and Gtk3 in the same process.
                A decent option would be for firefox to be a dual mode GTK2/GTK3 application (choose which you want with a configuration setting or command line flag, and perhaps have the distro make the choice too)
                Some applications allow to choose between GTK2 and GTK3 with at most a restart, which is easier than a recompile.

Comment

Originally posted by DanL View Post
                  No, but you can just toggle a key (browser.search.showOneOffButtons) in about:config if you don't like it. I don't know if it's broken, but it could definitely be smoother/faster (at least that's my impression for the 2 times I used it before getting annoyed and disabling it).
                  Thanks!!!

Comment

That GTK3 filechooser widget is an utter mess right now

Originally posted by grok View Post
                    I like that Firefox is using GTK2, because GTK2 won't die and more importantly we don't get the pile of shit "Save as..." GTK3 dialog which forces you to manually navigate to the destination folder instead of remembering the last one.
                    For most purpose Firefox uses the XUL toolkit.

I believe I will use Flash 11.2 till 2017 (end of life) or at the least mid 2016 (linux mint 18), expecting to still run X11 without a compositor.
                    X11, real 2D desktop, flash 11.2 => stable, up to date and not many problems
                    It's the "LTS" of graphics and flash and works with any graphics card even one 16-year-old.

That GTK3 file chooser widget was seriously screwed up in GTK3.14. The sidebar is a disaster with items spaced way too far apart-and worse yet, there
                    is a rendering bug that causes items to partially double-display when moused over. Having this is Firefox before it is fixed in GNOME would be a total
                    mess.

Comment

Originally posted by Luke View Post
                      That GTK3 file chooser widget was seriously screwed up in GTK3.14. The sidebar is a disaster with items spaced way too far apart-and worse yet, there
                      is a rendering bug that causes items to partially double-display when moused over. Having this is Firefox before it is fixed in GNOME would be a total
                      mess.
                      GTK3 is complete crap anyway.

Comment

Working...
                      X