Kodi 14.0 Released For The Holidays - Formerly Known As XBMC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lolnope View Post
    Any idea if AMD cards(using the open source driver) work well for DTS HD and Dolby TrueHD bitstreaming on Linux? or should I stick to Nvidia?
    Yes this works great. Only thing I can't seem to get working is 24p output with a TrueHD Atmos stream. I get no audio.

I can output 24p & Flac or 60p & Atmos.

Comment

Originally posted by dwaleke View Post
      Yes this works great. Only thing I can't seem to get working is 24p output with a TrueHD Atmos stream. I get no audio.

I can output 24p & Flac or 60p & Atmos.
      Where did you get 60p material with Atmos? There are only a couple Blu-rays out yet with Atmos and the current standard doesn't even allows 60 fps.

Comment

Originally posted by holunder View Post
        Where did you get 60p material with Atmos? There are only a couple Blu-rays out yet with Atmos and the current standard doesn't even allows 60 fps.
        Yeah sorry about that. I meant outputting 1920x1080p @ 24hz vs outputting 1920x1080p @ 60hz.

All the content is 24 fps progressive movie content. No native 60 fps progressive content.

Comment

Originally posted by dwaleke View Post
          Yeah sorry about that. I meant outputting 1920x1080p @ 24hz vs outputting 1920x1080p @ 60hz.

All the content is 24 fps progressive movie content. No native 60 fps progressive content.
          And we only play the TrueHD core. We skip the Atmos bits.

Comment

Of all people you would know, but I was able to play Transformers 4 and my AVR showed Atmos with the TrueHD stream.

Was my AVR fooled? Seeing an Atmos flag, but only getting the TrueHD core?

Comment

Working...
            X