Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Python 3 Support Added To The GNOME Shell

Phoronix: Python 3 Support Added To The GNOME Shell

While GNOME 3.15.2 was released yesterday, GNOME Shell 3.15.2 was just tagged this morning...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I wish GNOME Online Accounts had support for cloud storage.

So you could enter your Google or Microsoft account into GNOME Online Accounts then reach your Google Drive or Microsoft OneDrive from GNOME.

I also wish they fixed full Wayland support.
    Oh, and how I wish they gave some more love to GNOME Flashback. <3

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post

So you could enter your Google or Microsoft account into GNOME Online Accounts then reach your Google Drive or Microsoft OneDrive from GNOME.

Yeah, same as GNOME wished you'd contribute to their project.

Comment

You can link your OwnCloud account to GNOME Online Accounts. I also think they are working quite heavily on Wayland support.

Comment

So you could enter your Google or Microsoft account into GNOME Online Accounts then reach your Google Drive or Microsoft OneDrive from GNOME. YES

I also wish they fixed full Wayland support. YES
          Oh, and how I wish they gave some more love to GNOME Flashback. <3 HELL NO
          They are making great progress with GNOME 3.x series. With the exception of a few apps in KDE I haven't touched the KDE environment since 3.12.

Comment

Originally posted by Marc Driftmeyer View Post
            They are making great progress with GNOME 3.x series. With the exception of a few apps in KDE I haven't touched the KDE environment since 3.12.
            Same here. I've almost fully transitioned to GNOME dut to half baked state of Plasma Next and its quite passable for work (with Taskbar extension).
            But I use some KDE apps almost exlusively instead of native GNOME counterparts, namely: Dolphin, Konsole, KWrite and Amarok. Rest of apps are desktop agnostic.

The thought of being glad for apps not being tied to desktop environment makes me shiver.

Comment

Originally posted by magika View Post
              Same here. I've almost fully transitioned to GNOME dut to half baked state of Plasma Next...
              It's like you don't even read release notes. Plasma Next (and KF5) are both still technically in "beta" stage, and will be until ~Plasma 5.4. No duh it's "half-baked".

Comment

Originally posted by Daktyl198 View Post
                It's like you don't even read release notes. Plasma Next (and KF5) are both still technically in "beta" stage, and will be until ~Plasma 5.4. No duh it's "half-baked".
                So "beta" isnt half-baked now? KF5 is pretty much usable, except KWIN5, which is very rough, Plasma Next missing some things and KDE BaseApps yet to arrive somewhere in December; with above said I think calling it "half baked" is just.

Comment

Originally posted by BSDude View Post
                  Yeah, same as GNOME wished you'd contribute to their project.
                  ooooooh...

Comment

Originally posted by magika View Post
                    So "beta" isnt half-baked now? KF5 is pretty much usable, except KWIN5, which is very rough, Plasma Next missing some things and KDE BaseApps yet to arrive somewhere in December; with above said I think calling it "half baked" is just.
                    It is just, the problem is that it has been very clearly stated by the developers that it is not ready for end users, and that people should stick to KDE SC 4.x until it is more mature. That is the reason KDE SC 4.x is still being maintained. Gnome also went through problems early in the 3.x series, it took a few releases to get everything ironed out. What are you going to do when Gnome 4.x comes out, drop your whole workflow again and switch back to KDE (which will be mature by that point)?

Comment

Working...
                    X