Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GParted 0.20 Improves Btrfs Support

Phoronix: GParted 0.20 Improves Btrfs Support

For those in need of open-source file-system/partition management, the wonderful GParted program has been updated to v0.20.0...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTgxODk

How has gparted not breached 1.0 yet? It was released over 10 years ago - what else does it need to officially be considered stable?

Comment

Originally posted by schmidtbag View Post
      How has gparted not breached 1.0 yet? It was released over 10 years ago - what else does it need to officially be considered stable?
      http://gparted-forum.surf4.info/viewtopic.php?id=17267

Appearently GTK 3.0 support.

Comment

Just want to point out that v.19.1-4 is still the most recent 'stable' version. I think gparted is an incredible utility but I'm also not very adventurous so I'd be judicious about v.20, at least regarding boxes I rely on to be stable and can't do without.

Comment

QParted?

Just out of curiosity, will there be a QParted or maybe a revival of QtParted? Ubuntu uses Qt in the future, so does LXQt.

Comment

Originally posted by WorBlux View Post
            Appearently GTK 3.0 support.
            That was awfully sage of them to pick that as a criteria way before gtk3 existed

Comment

Originally posted by schmidtbag View Post
              Exactly my thoughts when I read the article? I?ve been using it for years and never had a problem with it.

I?m sad that they are considering Gtk3 though. Gtk3 just sucks.

Comment

Originally posted by sacridex View Post
                Just out of curiosity, will there be a QParted or maybe a revival of QtParted? Ubuntu uses Qt in the future, so does LXQt.
                I know that I'm not really answering your question but GParted doesn't really have that many dependencies; just gtkmm, gtk, and parted (plus filesystem support tools such as dofstools). Plus, it's extremely stable and reliable. Whereas, KDE Partition Manager is a lot younger and (judging from its CMakeLists.txt) depends on Tier 4 KDE Frameworks .

Comment

The reason I would want a qt version of parted is because gtk apps have a tendency of looking really out of place and/or ugly outside of gnome or xfce.

Comment

Originally posted by sacridex View Post
                    KDE has a very full-featured partition editor. It should work fine in LXQt, especially once it is ported to frameworks 5.

Comment

Working...
                    X