LXQt 0.8 Desktop Released With Full Qt5 Support, New Theme

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by anda_skoa View Post
    You are misunderstanding the blog post you included in your quote.
    The mentioned 13GB so all of KDE's products combined, with all assets (which can be quite substantial fo e.g. games), all translations, etc. ...
    The mentioned 13 GB are not my invention. They come from the blog post I included in my quote.
    So ask this author why he presented this number within this context.

Comment

Originally posted by drSeehas View Post
      The mentioned 13 GB are not my invention. They come from the blog post I included in my quote.
      So ask this author why he presented this number within this context.
      Might be worth reading the blog, especially the paragraph this appears in.
      And ideally comprehending the meaning of said paragraph.

Or reading the shorter summary in my previous comment.

Ah, heck, since you obviously have difficulties parsing the sentences, let me do a bit if highlighting for you

"This includes not just the kde-workspace module with its dependencies, but more or less everything we have in KDE?s git repository including things like an office suite, IDE, webbrowser, artwork and many other things one doesn?t need to run a window manager."

Germans tend to write complicated sentences even when writing in a different languages, takes some time to get used to that if one's own native language favors short and simple sentences.

Cheers,
      _

Comment

I'm waiting for it on Lubuntu.

Comment

Originally posted by anda_skoa View Post
          Might be worth reading the blog, especially the paragraph this appears in.
          And ideally comprehending the meaning of said paragraph.

Or reading the shorter summary in my previous comment.

Ah, heck, since you obviously have difficulties parsing the sentences, let me do a bit if highlighting for you

"This includes not just the kde-workspace module with its dependencies, but more or less everything we have in KDE?s git repository including things like an office suite, IDE, webbrowser, artwork and many other things one doesn?t need to run a window manager."

Germans tend to write complicated sentences even when writing in a different languages, takes some time to get used to that if one's own native language favors short and simple sentences.

Cheers,
          _
          Yeah, there's also this quote a few sentences after that:
          And remember KWin will need less storage. The bare kde-window-manager package in Debian is just around 10 MB.
          The smallest usable SSDs were around 32GB, so I think even on such a small device you can spare 10 MB :-P.

Comment

Working...
          X