Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

XBMC/Kodi 14 Alpha 4 Brings EGL + GLESv2 To X11

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • XBMC/Kodi 14 Alpha 4 Brings EGL + GLESv2 To X11

    Phoronix: XBMC/Kodi 14 Alpha 4 Brings EGL + GLESv2 To X11

    Kodi, the open-source multimedia software formerly known as XBMC, is out with a new alpha release in preparation for its inaugural v14.0 debut...

    http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTgwNDg

  • #2
    DSD? Presumably that's for SACD support yeah? Can you play physical discs, or rips, or both? My understanding is that the copyright protection on SACDs is still holding strong. I've got some SACDs lying around somewhere that I like playing occasionally, and the PS3 is going to get packed away soon I reckon so that addition interests me.

    Comment


    • #3
      EGL + GLES out of the box support on X. That's great
      Now we still need out of the box support for:
      - (Exynos) Mali GPU's
      - (Snapdragon) Adreno GPU's
      - some other arm based gpu's

      Then i can finally compile/run Kodi directly from master instead of applying custom branches...

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by kaprikawn View Post
        DSD? Presumably that's for SACD support yeah? Can you play physical discs, or rips, or both? My understanding is that the copyright protection on SACDs is still holding strong. I've got some SACDs lying around somewhere that I like playing occasionally, and the PS3 is going to get packed away soon I reckon so that addition interests me.

        Nope - no SACD support, just the rips.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by markg85 View Post
          EGL + GLES out of the box support on X. That's great
          Now we still need out of the box support for:
          - (Exynos) Mali GPU's
          - (Snapdragon) Adreno GPU's
          - some other arm based gpu's

          Then i can finally compile/run Kodi directly from master instead of applying custom branches...
          hmm, I'd used xbmc w/ egl/gles2 with x11 at least a couple years back. I don't *think* there were any extra patches needed for that, but it was a compile time option. (Not sure if kodi 14 changes that to a runtime thing??)

          btw, xbmc runs just fine w/ freedreno on snapdragon ;-)
          (at least the GL part.. it would be nice if we had hw video decode under linux..)

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by robclark View Post
            hmm, I'd used xbmc w/ egl/gles2 with x11 at least a couple years back. I don't *think* there were any extra patches needed for that, but it was a compile time option. (Not sure if kodi 14 changes that to a runtime thing??)

            btw, xbmc runs just fine w/ freedreno on snapdragon ;-)
            (at least the GL part.. it would be nice if we had hw video decode under linux..)
            XBMC never had X11 + gles2 support on linux desktops as far as i know. You must have had some custom branch that enabled it. I know i did

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by markg85 View Post
              EGL + GLES out of the box support on X. That's great
              Now we still need out of the box support for:
              - (Exynos) Mali GPU's
              - (Snapdragon) Adreno GPU's
              - some other arm based gpu's

              Then i can finally compile/run Kodi directly from master instead of applying custom branches...
              And also full VideoCore 2d graphics support for the GUI. The current backend isn't optimal for RPi HTPC.

              Comment


              • #8
                I wonder when they are going to support Opus audio inside MKV containers. XBMC and VLC both suffer from two years of negligence of enabling this support. At least VLC nightly builds have supported it for the last year, and mpv has supported it since the day it was available, but the last time I tried Kodi two weeks ago, none of my content with Opus audio would play.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by mmstick View Post
                  I wonder when they are going to support Opus audio inside MKV containers. XBMC and VLC both suffer from two years of negligence of enabling this support. At least VLC nightly builds have supported it for the last year, and mpv has supported it since the day it was available, but the last time I tried Kodi two weeks ago, none of my content with Opus audio would play.
                  it is supported.

                  EDIT: well maybe not in those f***ed debian builds, compiled against libav not ffmpeg
                  Last edited by stefansaraev; 10-06-2014, 10:11 AM.

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X