GNOME Finally Supports Ctrl+Tab For Switching Tabs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gedit works fine...

Ctrl+T opens a new document (in a new tab), Ctrl+N opens a new gedit window. All is OK.

Using gedit 3.14 right now.

Comment

Originally posted by chimpy View Post
      I know the ui slimmed down, but in Gnome can you open a terminal in the current directory like other file managers, and if so, how?
      Sure.

$ sudo dnf info nautilus-open-terminal

Installed Packages
      Name : nautilus-open-terminal
      Arch : x86_64
      Epoch : 0
      Version : 0.20
      Release : 3.fc21
      Size : 293 k
      Repo : @System
      From repo : fedora
      Summary : Nautilus extension for an open terminal shortcut
      URL : http://download.gnome.org/sources/na...open-terminal/
      License : GPLv2+
      Description : The nautilus-open-terminal extension provides a right-click "Open
      : Terminal" option for nautilus users who prefer that option.

Comment

Ironically, when you had to set keybind for 'Open Terminal' you had to dig through configuration files manually, something that is right outside GNOME's target audience level. Is having a hotkey for this is considered too advanced?

Comment

Originally posted by magika View Post
          Ironically, when you had to set keybind for 'Open Terminal' you had to dig through configuration files manually, something that is right outside GNOME's target audience level. Is having a hotkey for this is considered too advanced?
          In GNOME 3.14, you can set a custom launcher with a custom shortcut key in keyboard panel in settings. I haven't checked in previous versions.

Comment

I'm a bit disappointed... The commit have been reverted because Ctrl+Tab and Ctrl+Shift+Tab is already used for accessibility shortcut.

To those who use Ctrl+PgUp/PgDown, I'd strongly advise you to use an MRU tab plugin for your Firefox (ala Alt+Tab and Alt+Shift+Tab for the windows), you'll see how useless and old age is the PgUp/PgDown solution.

Edit> Actually simply setting "browser.ctrlTab.previews" to true in about:config seems to be enough to enable MRU behavior.
            Last edited by Creak; 27 September 2014, 07:16 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X