X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• zxy_thf
    replied
    Originally posted by Ericg View Post
    ARM has really shitty OS support... This is getting better with ACPI 5.1 and UEFI but until we get to the point where one OS image can be used across tons of different and varied tablets and phones, then there probably won't "Linux on ARM" for the average tinkerer except for projects like Rasbian (dedicated distros for ONE piece of hardware).

That, or wait for x86 tablets.
    Once I was attracted by Dell Venue 8 Pro but later I decided to wait for the next gen of atom processors, which will be 14nm

Leave a comment:

• Ericg
    replied
    Originally posted by M1kkko View Post
    This picture right here makes me want a way to get this on my tablet.

And no, I'm not talking about some weird new tablet product with a preinstalled Gnome3 linux os, but a generic (debian/ubuntu based?) linux distro that one could install on their Nexus 10 or other existing android tablet (the same way the Ubuntu touch works).

Because as much I understand the controversy of Gnome pushing this kind of UI design for desktop users, I believe this could actually be pretty neat on a tablet.

Is there such a distro available? (If that's a 'no', then are there any specific reasons no-one has yet created one, despite there being a million linux distros for x86 PCs?)
    ARM has really shitty OS support... This is getting better with ACPI 5.1 and UEFI but until we get to the point where one OS image can be used across tons of different and varied tablets and phones, then there probably won't "Linux on ARM" for the average tinkerer except for projects like Rasbian (dedicated distros for ONE piece of hardware).

That, or wait for x86 tablets.

Leave a comment:

• M1kkko
    replied
    This picture right here makes me want a way to get this on my tablet.

And no, I'm not talking about some weird new tablet product with a preinstalled Gnome3 linux os, but a generic (debian/ubuntu based?) linux distro that one could install on their Nexus 10 or other existing android tablet (the same way the Ubuntu touch works).

Because as much I understand the controversy of Gnome pushing this kind of UI design for desktop users, I believe this could actually be pretty neat on a tablet.

Is there such a distro available? (If that's a 'no', then are there any specific reasons no-one has yet created one, despite there being a million linux distros for x86 PCs?)

Leave a comment:

• phoronix
    started a topic GNOME/GTK+ Human Interface Guidelines Updated

GNOME/GTK+ Human Interface Guidelines Updated

Phoronix: GNOME/GTK+ Human Interface Guidelines Updated

Allan Day has updated the Human Interface Guidelines (HIG) for the GNOME project and more broadly for all GTK+ applications...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite
Working...
X