Qt 5.4 Is Now Under A Feature Freeze

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RealNC View Post
    I don't want full hinting. Fonts look bad with it. Qt 5 is broken. Freetype renders slight hinted fonts just fine, and therefore Qt 5 should also render them fine. Since it doesn't, there's somethings wrong with how it uses Freetype.

Every other app on my system works correctly. Qt 4, Gtk, Chrome, everyhing. Except Qt 5 and Java. Those two produce an abomination of a font rendering.

And this doesn't even excuse the PCF rendering problem, which was reported since day one when Qt 5.0.0 came out. Wanna bet how quickly they would have fixed those problems if they affected the Windows version? We all hated Nokia, but boy, Digia doesn't lift a finger when it comes to Linux.
    Or something wrong with your configuration or version of freetype. Slight hinting works as it should, yes it is more blurry, that is the point, if you don't want that use real hinting. And as a I said things get fixed faster for Linux than for Windows because most developers at Digia uses Linux personally.

Comment

Word wrapping has been broken since 4.6, and I bet it's still broken in 5.3. It was even bisected to the exact commit causing it, and no fix. Qt responsiveness, ladies and gentlemen.

Comment

Originally posted by carewolf View Post
        Or something wrong with your configuration or version of freetype. Slight hinting works as it should, yes it is more blurry, that is the point
        What?! Are you blind? It's not more blurry. The color is washed out, more transparent.

The bug has NOTHING to do with being blurry.

Comment

Originally posted by RealNC View Post
          I don't want full hinting. Fonts look bad with it. Qt 5 is broken. Freetype renders slight hinted fonts just fine, and therefore Qt 5 should also render them fine.

Comment

Working...
          X