Mozilla Unleashes Firefox 31 Web Browser

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GGC

I believe Generational Garbage Collecting is in FF31, although i can't say I've really noticed any difference in everyday browser usage. Sounds like they need to make it compacting before they really get some memory-shrinking benefits out of it.

Comment

Still no gstreamer 1.0 by default. Though it works nicer with the dark desktop themes now.

Comment

Originally posted by shmerl View Post
        Still no gstreamer 1.0 by default. Though it works nicer with the dark desktop themes now.
        I require screenshots of this miracle. Pics or didn't happen.

Comment

Originally posted by curaga View Post
          I require screenshots of this miracle. Pics or didn't happen.

Using KDE 4.13 with Oxygen and Krita Dark color theme (gtk2-engines-oxygen is used for binding KDE settings with GTK applications).

Note the download arrow on the right of the URL bar and also sync icon on the right. They now look white (not dark) and when active use more appropriate colors.

Comment

Using KDE 4.13 with Oxygen and Krita Dark color theme (gtk2-engines-oxygen is used for binding KDE settings with GTK applications).

Note the download arrow on the right of the URL bar and also sync icon on the right. They now look white (not dark) and when active use more appropriate colors.
            Ha! I actually had a hand in that. I decided to use a dark theme after a while and the download icon would START white, but after you clicked it once it would go to a dark icon, so I filed a bug and apparently it was something Linux/OSx specific that was overlooked when they fixed the same bug in Windows. It was fixed ~2 days later in Nightly (guess they backported it to stable )

I can't seem to find the bug in bugzilla, and I must have deleted the reply email from my inbox... oh well

EDIT: weird... I found a duplicate bug of mine for OSx, but still not mine. *shrug*
            EDIT2: Found it~ https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1008402
            Last edited by Daktyl198; 22 July 2014, 10:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Daktyl198 View Post
              Ha! I actually had a hand in that. I decided to use a dark theme after a while and the download icon would START white, but after you clicked it once it would go to a dark icon, so I filed a bug and apparently it was something Linux/OSx specific that was overlooked when they fixed the same bug in Windows. It was fixed ~2 days later in Nightly (guess they backported it to stable )
              https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1008402
              Thanks for the report! The download time looks good now as well (before it was barely visible - small dark font on dark background).

Comment

It's improved, but there are still bad places, like the tab title being close to unreadable color.

BTW what's with the member names not rendering?

Comment

So they still haven't admitted that this is actually Firefox 5.01... I wonder what Firefox 1867 will be like. We'll see in a few months.

Comment

gst-vaapi is crashing it when using HW accel. Probably thats one of the reasons. In Arch however it uses gst1.x

Comment

Originally posted by curaga View Post
                      It's improved, but there are still bad places, like the tab title being close to unreadable color.

BTW what's with the member names not rendering?
                      Tab title looks OK to me. The names were edited out manually.

Comment

Working...
                      X