Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scottishduck View Post
    So does this full work with wayland or not
    dolphin, systemsettings, rekonq and other kde Frameworks apps run on Wayland.

Plasma-shell does not currently run... ...that will probably happen for the Plasma 2 release coming after the upcoming plasma release

Remeber, this is just the core kde libraries that are being released today
    Last edited by nerdopolis; 07 July 2014, 06:19 PM.

Comment

So what exactly does this mean? Is it just the "demodularization" of kdelibs that we're getting, or are apps getting bug fixes and new features? I'm not sure what the tangible benefit to the end-user is. (I just realized that if you rearrange the letters in 'user' you can make 'sure'. Nice!)

Comment

Winter is coming..

Originally posted by shmerl View Post
        Will it make to Debian testing before the freeze? I hope this upcoming freeze won't be annoyingly long like the last one.
        Oh god I hope it does.. I don't want to have to keep using KDE4 during the probably 9-month-long freeze, while every one else will be happy singing and dancing using KDE5..
        Debian really needs to figure out a better way to do testing.. It is supposed to be rolling, but it doesn't really roll at all during the long freeze.. This is the biggest thing I hate about debian.. Although there is nothing else better, so I keep using it any way..

Comment

Originally posted by Baconmon View Post
          Oh god I hope it does.. I don't want to have to keep using KDE4 during the probably 9-month-long freeze, while every one else will be happy singing and dancing using KDE5..
          Debian really needs to figure out a better way to do testing.. It is supposed to be rolling, but it doesn't really roll at all during the long freeze.. This is the biggest thing I hate about debian.. Although there is nothing else better, so I keep using it any way..
          Debian orients itself around its stable releases. I can't see them letting KDE5 until it's proven to be solid. Whether that can happen in 6 months is anyone's guess...
          I suspect that even if that does happen, derivatives like Aptosid will still package KDE5.

Comment

Originally posted by molecule-eye View Post
            So what exactly does this mean? Is it just the "demodularization" of kdelibs that we're getting
            Yes, this article and the announcement it covers is about libraries

Originally posted by molecule-eye View Post
            or are apps getting bug fixes and new features?
            Applications are independent products, their respective developers decide on these things.
            Some of them have started to prepare/port their applications for using the new libraries.

Cheers,
            _

Comment

Working...
            X