X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BlackStar
    replied
    Originally posted by hajj_3 View Post
    You mustn't use many websites then as tons still require flash. BBC iplayer, countless other video websites. Once html5 drm is available in all modern browsers flash's death will accelerate very quickly.
    Indeed. It might be that BBC iplayer doesn't work - but that's only available in the UK so it's irrelevant anyway. I've yet to encounter a video website that doesn't work with HTML5.

Leave a comment:

• hajj_3
    replied
    Originally posted by BlackStar View Post
    Flash is more dead than even Opera.

I haven't installed it for more than a year, and I still haven't found a single website that breaks. Video streaming works out of the box, audio streaming works out of the box, 3d graphics work out of the box - no reason left to use flash anymore. Really happy I don't have to use that buggy, insecure POS anymore.
    You mustn't use many websites then as tons still require flash. BBC iplayer, countless other video websites. Once html5 drm is available in all modern browsers flash's death will accelerate very quickly.

Originally posted by nachoig View Post
    The problem is not the support for PPAPI, but if Adobe will release a redistributable package with Flash PPAPI like they do with Flash NPAPI..
    adobe are working with opera to make flash available for opera. They didn't say if it will be in an installer or if it will be included in the browser like what chrome does. This was announced a few days ago.
    Last edited by hajj_3; 23 June 2014, 03:11 PM.

Leave a comment:

• rikkinho
    replied
    not working

not working for me lol

Leave a comment:

• nachoig
    replied
    they are also adding support for PPAPI so you will be able to use flash 14 too like you can with chrome.
    The problem is not the support for PPAPI, but if Adobe will release a redistributable package with Flash PPAPI like they do with Flash NPAPI.

Originally posted by schmidtbag View Post
    I was a big fan of opera, but ever since they switched to chromium they destroyed everything that made their product good. I've got nothing against chromium, but it was already a relatively limited browser and opera just made it even more difficult to use. I've switched to firefox about a year ago and I don't regret it. There are a couple things here and there that opera did that FF doesn't, but they're not important enough for me to care. Not that the new opera supports those features anyway...
    +1. Even Chromium has more features than Opera Chromium-based. I used Opera for 8 years, but I switched to Chromium (also tried Firefox, SeaMonkey, rekonq, QupZilla) after Opera 12.

Leave a comment:

• clementl
    replied
    It emulates the ubuntu interface, so it doesn't intergrate very nicely with anything other than the default ubuntu theme. I seriously don't see why anyone would be using this browser nowadays.

Leave a comment:

• molecule-eye
    replied
    Originally posted by BlackStar View Post
    After 10 years of using my favorite browser, I have finally switched fulltime to Firefox.

One year without support is simply too long, and closed-source browsers are no longer relevant. Bye bye, Opera.
    Exactly. Also, FF for Android is quite nice (adblock, lastpass, etc. plugin support), and having everything sync across phone/tablet/desktop is a plus.

Leave a comment:

• schmidtbag
    replied
    I was a big fan of opera, but ever since they switched to chromium they destroyed everything that made their product good. I've got nothing against chromium, but it was already a relatively limited browser and opera just made it even more difficult to use. I've switched to firefox about a year ago and I don't regret it. There are a couple things here and there that opera did that FF doesn't, but they're not important enough for me to care. Not that the new opera supports those features anyway...

Leave a comment:

• Azrael5
    replied
    chromium outperforms firefox on all terms: speed, audio video codecs, appearance. it lacks only some plucins like youtube downloader.

Leave a comment:

• uid313
    replied
    Opera is proprietary

Their vision for an open world?
    Then why is their browser closed?

Opera can take their proprietary software and shove it!

I rather use Firefox or Chromium which are free open source software!

Leave a comment:

• BlackStar
    replied
    they are also adding support for PPAPI so you will be able to use flash 14 too like you can with chrome.
    Flash is more dead than even Opera.

I haven't installed it for more than a year, and I still haven't found a single website that breaks. Video streaming works out of the box, audio streaming works out of the box, 3d graphics work out of the box - no reason left to use flash anymore. Really happy I don't have to use that buggy, insecure POS anymore.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X