Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GTK+ Gets A New Default Theme

Phoronix: GTK+ Gets A New Default Theme

The latest change abound for GNOME 3.14 is a new default theme for the GTK+ tool-kit...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Originally posted by GabrielYYZ
    Actually, the Phoronix article got those mixed up, those are the only advantages "Raleigh" had.

(Just in case someone reads the article and forums but doesn't check the blog post.)
    Whoops, writing quickly && not thinking while packing office, etc. Thanks.
    Michael Larabel
    https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

With these sliders and tabs it looks quite similar to the Plasma Next theme currently in development.
      I like it!

Comment

I'm still not a fan of the Adwaita theme, especially the Window Controls.

They seem very... candyish.

Comment

So pretty trumps resource use. CSS parsing is not exactly lightweight by any measure.

Comment

Originally posted by Britoid View Post
            I'm still not a fan of the Adwaita theme, especially the Window Controls.

They seem very... candyish.
            It's terribly ugly. And everything is huge, as if it were built for touchscreens, though virtually nobody uses Gnome with a touchscreen.

Comment

Originally posted by molecule-eye View Post
              It's terribly ugly. And everything is huge, as if it were built for touchscreens, though virtually nobody uses Gnome with a touchscreen.
              It's not the size that bothers me, it's the colours and gradients.

Comment

I like new theme. At least, it is more better than Raleigh.

Comment

Heh, i use non engine gtk3 theme (not needing nothing Fancytm ) . Seems to me if that will be slow i will get rid of gtk soon .

Comment

Really?

I didn't notize Raleigth was the default theme.

Instead I think Adwaita was.

At least it's the Debian's default since they started to package Gnome 3 more than a couple years ago for the unstable/testing tree of Wheezy.
                    Last edited by DebianLinuxero; 14 June 2014, 12:56 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X