Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mozilla Firefox 30 Binaries Now Available

Phoronix: Mozilla Firefox 30 Binaries Now Available

The Firefox 30 release announcement is imminent with the source and binaries for the upcoming browser update now being available...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I hope they made it look just like chrome. Oh wait...

Comment

Is it Gstreamer 1.0 by default in Mozilla builds, or only if you enable the build switch? Because the last time I checked it, it was either or with defaulting to 0.10.

Comment

Originally posted by shmerl View Post
        Is it Gstreamer 1.0 by default in Mozilla builds, or only if you enable the build switch? Because the last time I checked it, it was either or with defaulting to 0.10.
        +1
        Exactly the question I wanted to ask.

Comment

Originally posted by shmerl View Post
          It seems like '--enable-gstreamer' or '--enable-gstreamer=yes' will use the 0.10 API and to get the 1.0 API you'll have to specify '--enable-gstreamer=1.0'. The relevant code in configure script:
          Code:
          MOZ_ARG_ENABLE_STRING(gstreamer,
          [  --enable-gstreamer[=0.10]           Enable GStreamer support],
          [ MOZ_GSTREAMER=1
            # API version, eg 0.10, 1.0 etc
            if test -z "$enableval" -o "$enableval" = "yes"; then
              GST_API_VERSION=0.10
            elif test "$enableval" = "no"; then
              MOZ_GSTREAMER=
            else
              GST_API_VERSION=$enableval
            fi],
          )

Comment

Can you get gst 1.0 HW accelerated with Radeon??

Now what we need is Wayland.

Comment

Originally posted by 89c51 View Post
              Can you get gst 1.0 HW accelerated with Radeon??

Now what we need is Wayland.
              Wayland support should come in like 3-4 years. It took them several years to move to gstreamer 1.0 and even that isn't enabled by default.

Comment

Originally posted by mark45 View Post
                Wayland support should come in like 3-4 years. It took them several years to move to gstreamer 1.0 and even that isn't enabled by default.
                Wayland and GStreamer are two completely different things.
                Firefox is moving to GTK3, and with this transition it should be easy to support Wayland.

Comment

Still can't move address bar or menu icon. Wonder where are these ui improvements...

Comment

Originally posted by abral View Post
                    Wayland and GStreamer are two completely different things.
                    What a useless statement.

I know they're different and didn't say or imply otherwise, in fact it's more difficult to support Wayland than gst 1.0.

Originally posted by abral View Post
                    Firefox is moving to gtk3, and with this transition it should be easy to support Wayland.
                    And no, moving to gtk3 isn't that big of a deal because (1) moving to gtk3 has been in the works for a long time and still no end in sight and (2) gtk3 itself isn't fully ported to Wayland. Working on Wayland is one thing, and working well and supporting all the Wayland features is another thing.
                    Gtk3 hasn't implemented DND for Wayland yet and has other unsolved issues which could be finished by Wayland 1.6 and only after this can Firefox start to seriously think of moving to gtk3 to support Wayland after that.

Comment

Working...
                    X