No announcement yet.

Pale Moon: Firefox Without DRM, Interface Breakage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is this the first time ads are being shown as if they were articles?

Comment

What's with all the PM hate?
      Compare PM to FF24
      Yes it's faster and better.
      Not faster that FF28 though.

Hell just look at the version changelog. He does a lot of work for one person.

Moonchild will either have to OS PM, or find a way to get more developers on board.

Hell if he puts PM on Kickstarter with the goal of making a modern FF24 fork it would take off like a rocket.
      I sure as hell would support it. But with the solo show he has going there is no future in PM to support.

Comment

Originally posted by grndzro View Post
        What's with all the PM hate?
        If you act like PM is the second coming even though it is Firefox with tweaks and on top of that diminish all the hard work that has been put in Firefox...

Comment

Originally posted by Ferdinand View Post
          If you act like PM is the second coming even though it is Firefox with tweaks and on top of that diminish all the hard work that has been put in Firefox...
          No I just respect what he is trying to accomplish with PM. I use and like Firefox 30 very much.

Comment

Yeah… no. Also, yay for Australis haters (the old interface will ultimately become outdated and slow).

They also disabled WebRTC…
            Last edited by Calinou; 22 May 2014, 11:20 AM.

Comment

I used Pale Moon for years up until fairly recently. I think I first started using it in 2009 or 2010, probably not long after it first started.

In any case, I recently had to switch back to Firefox. In reality, PM wasn't really noticeably faster from day to day. It didn't start up any faster, pages didn't load any faster and javascript heavy sites didn't run any faster. It might be better in benchmarks, but real use wasn't much different.

That makes the advantages of it rather moot.

There are disadvantages - not all addons are completely compatible. Not many, but 1 or 2 would refuse to install on it. Some sites also rendered differently - I have no clue why, I couldn't tell you if it was a PM issue or the site itself not recognising user agents correctly.

And finally - crashes! Some sites, not even particularly bad sites, would tank the whole browser. It was after about the 5th or 6th crash in one day that I gave up and went back to FF. Copied my profile over no problem and been happy with FF ever since.

Comment

why just not simply

Make a new PKGBUILD for firefox without DRM plugin?
                ITS A PLUGIN.
                Probably you can delete it after a normal firefox install.

Comment

I don't really understand the DRM stuff.

The garbage out of Hollywood isn't even worth stealing, let alone paying for.

I know I'm in the minority on this one but I still smh at people who use Netflix or whatever to waste their limited amount of time consuming the visual equivalent of a turd on a plate.

Comment

Firefox forks like Waterfox are Pale Moon are nothing but scams

Oh, you want builds optimized for your CPU?

Linux has had 64-bit Firefox since day 1.

Comment

Originally posted by souenzzo View Post
                      Make a new PKGBUILD for firefox without DRM plugin?
                      ITS A PLUGIN.
                      Probably you can delete it after a normal firefox install.
                      Afaik Firefox will not even ship with it, it's something the user has to install after.

Comment

Working...
                      X