Clear All

• sp82
    replied
    What about chrome on Wayland?

Leave a comment:

• tmpdir
    replied
    Originally posted by Britoid View Post
    I don't think GPU acceleration works on decoding video in Chrome properly on anything but Intel.

I'm possibly wrong though.

Easy te check from the chrome adresbar: chrome://gpu

Edit: do we still have to enable video acceleration manually in chrome? Been a while I configured this machine.
    Last edited by tmpdir; 21 May 2014, 08:12 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Rexilion
    replied
    Out here this version fails to start because of SSE2 .

Leave a comment:

• Britoid
    replied
    Originally posted by tmpdir View Post
    There's also no noticable performance hit on my on my old Core2Duo while playing 720p HTML5 video, its probably not chrome like cynical already stated.

Ofcourse it could be the propertary driver :P (just kidding... nvidia's drivers are awesome).
    I don't think GPU acceleration works on decoding video in Chrome properly on anything but Intel.

I'm possibly wrong though.

Leave a comment:

• losko
    replied
    Originally posted by hourwatch View Post
    Looks very ugly in Arch!! At least we still have Firefox
    Looks great here on my Archlinux... much better than before.
    Running with Openbox.

Leave a comment:

• daedaluz
    replied
    Nice, I like it. Finally fixed the font problem in Omnibar. Using the default theme suddenly became viable.

Originally posted by 0xBADCODE View Post
    blaa blaa blaa Any sane replacements of this horrible bullshit, anyone?
    Epiphany
    Midori
    Rekonq
    Konqueror
    Opera
    Maxthon
    Internet Explorer
    360hao
    inbuilt-browsers of Eclipse and Netbeans
    Emacs browser
    lynx
    elinks
    that QML browser I made one morning

You have choice. I recommend Epiphany, allows you to create web apps easily.

Leave a comment:

• tmpdir
    replied
    Originally posted by cynical View Post
    I'm using an Intel CPU with Intel HD4000 graphics and getting 13-20% cpu usage on 720p HTML5 videos on Chrome 36.0.1985.8 dev. It's hard to say where the issue is on your system with all the components involved in hardware acceleration but it's not an inevitable part of Chrome.
    There's also no noticable performance hit on my on my old Core2Duo while playing 720p HTML5 video, its probably not chrome like cynical already stated.

Ofcourse it could be the propertary driver :P (just kidding... nvidia's drivers are awesome).

Leave a comment:

• Artemis3
    replied
    Originally posted by 0xBADCODE View Post
    Any sane replacements of this horrible bullshit, anyone?
    Qupzilla: http://www.qupzilla.com/

This is a qt browser using the webkit engine, bundled with adblock and flashblock plugins.

Leave a comment:

• 0xBADCODE
    replied
    Astrologers proclaim month of the PLAGUE! All populations are halved.

Month of PLAGUE strikes web browsers. Mozilla implemends some awkward, poorly configurable australis interface, which looks like third-rate Chrome. Then it seeks to implement DRM, utterly failing their initial goal they stated when starting their project. Now Chrome in Linux looks like shit (I'm curious if Mozilla going to copy-paste this new mega-shitty appearance into Australis). I've thought browsers meant for users. But it looks like now browsers are rather meants to be used to SCREW UP their users.

Seriously, any sane minds in this crazy worlds? This world definitely needs another strong and open browser. Which would help it users to browse web rather than screw-up users every release or so. Which would respect privacy and would not act as NSA spyware agent. And which would not look like horrible piece of shit as Chrome and Mozilla do it right now. Any sane replacements of this horrible bullshit, anyone?

Leave a comment:

• cynical
    replied
    Originally posted by mark45 View Post
    Chrome 35 still not good for youtube.
    It defaults to the HTML5 player which is a CPU drain. A simple 480p vid takes 30-60% CPU + another chrome process in the background taking further 10-30% of the CPU, that's horrible. Otoh Firefox takes like 20% (the flashplugin) and 12% (FF itself) respectively.

Using Nvidia's proprietary driver.
    I'm using an Intel CPU with Intel HD4000 graphics and getting 13-20% cpu usage on 720p HTML5 videos on Chrome 36.0.1985.8 dev. It's hard to say where the issue is on your system with all the components involved in hardware acceleration but it's not an inevitable part of Chrome.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X