No announcement yet.

KDE Frameworks 5 Added To Arch, Plasma Next Is Coming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wonder if Konversation will be ported to KF5 anytime soon... the poor thing, despite being one of the more popular Linux IRC clients, has extremely rare development these days

Comment

Originally posted by Daktyl198 View Post
      I wonder if Konversation will be ported to KF5 anytime soon... the poor thing, despite being one of the more popular Linux IRC clients, has extremely rare development these days
      I use it all the time. I'll add it to my bucket list of things to do next time I have a chance (which has somehow devolved into a note plasmoid on my desktop, that just keeps getting longer...), I know it could use a lot of love. One thing I'd like to see is the IRC engine ported to telepathy. I'd have to do some deep source reading to see how feasible that would be, or if just gutting the hard parts and refactoring something into KTP would make more sense, I just honestly have never looked into it, I just found it odd KTP had no Konversation integration.

Comment

Originally posted by zanny View Post
        I use it all the time. I'll add it to my bucket list of things to do next time I have a chance (which has somehow devolved into a note plasmoid on my desktop, that just keeps getting longer...), I know it could use a lot of love. One thing I'd like to see is the IRC engine ported to telepathy. I'd have to do some deep source reading to see how feasible that would be, or if just gutting the hard parts and refactoring something into KTP would make more sense, I just honestly have never looked into it, I just found it odd KTP had no Konversation integration.
        Look into Telepathy-Idle

Comment

Originally posted by zanny View Post
          At this point, it's the ONLY IRC client I can use >.< The way settings work fits me perfectly...
          Hell, I even went through the nightmarish installation process on Windows to get it on that partition

Comment

Originally posted by Daktyl198 View Post
            I'm extremely busy with Plasma stuff these days indeed, but once that has made its first stable release I hope to be able to set some time aside to port us over to KF5, yeah.

Comment

Working...
            X