No announcement yet.

Kingsoft Office Is Still Being Ported To Linux

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As i said, this is only alpha version, so it will take many years to develop stable release with all functions, no wonder that not much people have heard of it.

Comment

Originally posted by startzz View Post
      As i said, this is only alpha version, so it will take many years to develop stable release with all functions, no wonder that not much people have heard of it.
      It is definitely not a product with alpha quality. It is called alpha for their development version.
      The alpha version for kingsoft office is like the dev channel for chrome.
      They have released a beta version more than 1 year ago:
      http://wps-community.org/download.html

And the reason why they don't have a stable release is that (I remember some developer wrote this in their forum), they will not call it stable until the linux version get all features of their Windows version.

Comment

Update End User License Agreement for Kingsoft Office.
        I stopped reading there.

Comment

Fuck proprietary software!

Comment

Originally posted by seedo View Post
            No ODF support is a deal breaker for me.
            This.

Also being closed source is another deal breaker. There is absolutely nothing that could convince me to support a blob when the open source option is superior in every MEANINGFUL way.
            MS-format compatibility is NOT a meaningful advantage -- MS themselves support ODF now.

Comment

While I would have no motivation to switch anyway as I am actually quite pleased with LibreOffice and do care about licenses, the fact that it can not even support ODF is actually rather pathetic given that it was the first standard XML document format.

Comment

Working...
              X