XBMC 13.0 "Gotham" Has Been Officially Released

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by philipmorris View Post
    XBMC works better on Windows 7. At least the 12.3 for Ubuntu from PPA sucks . Have do you ever use XBMC? You should know about this....
    What should he know about?

I run XBMC 12 both from Windows 7, Ubuntu 12.04 and Ubuntu 13.10 and 14.04 (all from ppa). In what way does it run better under Windows 7? I don't have any problems on any of those platforms.

Comment

Originally posted by deanjo View Post
      Can't say I have found the same. In fact I have found the exact opposite finding more issues with the Windows release (and needing more "hacking" to function satisfactory) vs "it just works" on openSUSE.
      I have tested on Opensuse 13.1 x86_64 also, and it freezes to much. In fact there is some issue with opensuse and archlinux i don't remember what but is a distro specific trouble against some lib

Comment

Originally posted by philipmorris View Post
        I have tested on Opensuse 13.1 x86_64 also, and it freezes to much. In fact there is some issue with opensuse and archlinux i don't remember what but is a distro specific trouble against some lib
        To tell you the truth, it hasn't froze on me in years. In fact the only time the xbmc systems go down is to add a hard drive or to apply updates.

Edit: just checked, last xbmc crash log is from early 2010.
        Last edited by deanjo; 05 May 2014, 12:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Nille View Post
          Because its working.
          You just said yourself that it didn't?

Comment

Originally posted by Pajn View Post
            You just said yourself that it didn't?
            I said that there is a bug in XBMC 13 (the workaround are 2 lines). But XBMC and Hardware Decoding has never worked good on those cards with GNU/Linux (only with a old Kernel, xserver and a va-api wrapper)

Comment

Working...
            X