Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KDE 4.12.5 Has Almost 10 Recorded Bug-Fixes

Phoronix: KDE 4.12.5 Has Almost 10 Recorded Bug-Fixes

KDE 4.12.5 for its Application and Development Platform are now available and it also comes along with KDE Plasma Workspaces 4.11.9...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Even more bug fixes

The search shows 15 bug fixes for 4.12.5, but there are also 9 bug fixes for the KDE Workspaces 4.11.9, which include some KWin fixes and important fixes in the screen locker thanks to Wolfgang's work.

Comment

Why not say the exact number? Ten isn't really a big number...

Comment

Originally posted by chinoto View Post
        Why not say the exact number? Ten isn't really a big number...
        The number doesn't matter. Which bugs they fixed does

Comment

Originally posted by Daktyl198 View Post
          The number doesn't matter. Which bugs they fixed does
          If they fixed the bug where the password prompt doesn't always spawn after resuming from sleep I will literally jump for joy.
          All opinions are my own not those of my employer if you know who they are.

Comment

Originally posted by Ericg View Post
            If they fixed the bug where the password prompt doesn't always spawn after resuming from sleep I will literally jump for joy.
            From the list of closed Plasma Workspace bugs:
            • 327947: kscreens Locker not shown after resume
            • 329076: kscreens Unable to unlock, widgets missing

So looks good to me (although I was lucky and experienced the bug only once)

Comment

When the screensaver is up, I expect when I start typing my password that it goes directly to the password prompt, but the first key press only brings up the prompt. I've gotten used to it and just double tap the first key for my password, but I used to constantly get the "Unlocking failed" message.

Comment

Working...
              X