Firefox 29.0 For Linux Is Now Available For Download

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Awesomeness View Post
    Wouldn't mind if Firefox switched to Qt, though. At least it'd get sane open/save windows?
    And no more GTK+ mouse wheel scroll rate madness.

Comment

I guess my biggest gripe is that they change something in the gui every release and they put out a release every, freaking, month.
      Used to be, once a year they would change things in the gui.

Comment

I would pay money for a qt version of firefox.

Comment

Yeah, it would be better if it used Qt (especially on my KDE desktop)... anyway I just hope my bookmark sidebar is there after the update drops to my distro repos in a few hours (I can't work without the bookmark sidebar & Firefox is the last mainstream browser that has it)

Comment

Thinking about it, wouldn't it be easier on Firefox devs to use Qt in the end? I mean, they currently use Windows and OSx's native toolkits and GTK+ on Linux, right? That's 3 separate toolkits... if they just took the time to port their code over to Qt, it would handle the multi-OS look for them, so they'd only have to bother with Qt code and not Windows, OSx, and GTK+ code.

Didn't I hear something recently about a new project picking up porting Firefox to Qt? If so, I'd like to donate.

Comment

Originally posted by Cyber Killer View Post
              Yeah, it would be better if it used Qt (especially on my KDE desktop)... anyway I just hope my bookmark sidebar is there after the update drops to my distro repos in a few hours (I can't work without the bookmark sidebar & Firefox is the last mainstream browser that has it)
              AFAIK sidebars haven't been touched. The bookmarks sidebar is still there for me, and I'm running the nightly binary from https://nightly.mozilla.org/

Comment

Originally posted by Daktyl198 View Post
                AFAIK sidebars haven't been touched. The bookmarks sidebar is still there for me, and I'm running the nightly binary from https://nightly.mozilla.org/
                Thx for the info. That's one less stress for me :-).

Comment

Originally posted by randomizer View Post
                  100% slower than native would mean no execution at all
                  example:
                  native = 1s
                  100% slower: 1s * (1 + 100%) = 2s

Comment

Originally posted by sobkas View Post
                    There is a subtle difference between "I don't like it" and "it's for teh morons, lololololol!!!!111"
                    Except you didn't just say you didn't like it you basically went "iT'S SuCh TeH UgLY I CaNTS EVn LOoOKs aT ItS!!!!111111" which is just as much being overly dramatic as what you were complaining about

Comment

Originally posted by Daktyl198 View Post
                      Thinking about it, wouldn't it be easier on Firefox devs to use Qt in the end? I mean, they currently use Windows and OSx's native toolkits and GTK+ on Linux, right? That's 3 separate toolkits... if they just took the time to port their code over to Qt, it would handle the multi-OS look for them, so they'd only have to bother with Qt code and not Windows, OSx, and GTK+ code.

Didn't I hear something recently about a new project picking up porting Firefox to Qt? If so, I'd like to donate.
                      I don't see the point, 99% of the UI is handmade and has nothing to do with GTK.

Well, I must admit I really like the new UI. It has nothing to do with chrome, except for the rounded active tab, and it is well nicer than Chrome. But well, every time someone change the color of a button, there is a bunch of people saying it breaks their habit / their workflow and that the developpers don't care about the users, etc...

Comment

Working...
                      X