Firefox 29.0 For Linux Is Now Available For Download

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by intellivision View Post
    Or you can stop bitching and do it yourself, that's the great thing about open source.
    And the lamest excuse ever, that somehow always comes up: "Oh, you don't like how we broke a working solution? Well, learn to code, work yourself into a different browser, port your favorite addon. Don't bother us with how it worked before we changed things for no good reason (except that we want to look like that other browser)."

The best way to alienate your users ever.

Comment

lots of people have had plenty of time to make there Adons work in this new Australis design. the blame comes back to the Authors if there not working. however if you dont like this new Firefox Australis, i suggest you either move over to Seamonkey or stick to Firefox24 ESR builds

Comment

Originally posted by Anvil View Post
        lots of people have had plenty of time to make there Adons work in this new Australis design. the blame comes back to the Authors if there not working. however if you dont like this new Firefox Australis, i suggest you either move over to Seamonkey or stick to Firefox24 ESR builds
        Right. You had 6 weeks of Nightly, 6 weeks of Aurora and 6 weeks of Beta. So about 4.5 months.

Comment

Originally posted by balouba View Post
          id especially like to see the first 2.
          GTK3? No thanks!!!

Comment

inb4 Otter downloads suddenly surge.

Comment

Originally posted by Anvil View Post
              You may try to read the thread before posting. I did not say that the single addons don't work with Australis. I did say that my specific setup with the plugins I use is broken.
              I also pointed out that the plugins I use do not exist for Seamonkey. And saying that people who don't like the new design should stick with 24ESR is totally and utter bullshit, 24ESR will only be supported until Octobre, then people will be forced to leave their working solutions for inferior solutions, either a different browser or a crappy wannabe-Chrome design.

Comment

Originally posted by intellivision View Post
                ASM.js is a suitable replacement for NaCl too because, as its not running native code, there's less to exploit with malicious scripts.
                That's just wrong. It is kind of replacement, but when you unpack your .js files it takes too much RAM, and that's why it can't be used for larger projects.

Second NaCl is faster (ASM.js is about 100% slower than native, NaCl is 50%) and it cant be used for exploits, it has basicaly the same features as javascript.

I know it's offtopic but I needed to fix it.

Comment

I don't mind Australis, but I do wish I could put my bookmarks menu button where it belongs. Currently that space is occupied by the menu button that I rarely use, and which I can't move. I don't see an option for small buttons either. The buttons do already look pretty small (except the back button), but the browser chrome takes up unnecessary space with extra padding anyway.

Originally posted by Temlar View Post
                  Second NaCl is faster (ASM.js is about 100% slower than native, NaCl is 50%) and it cant be used for exploits, it has basicaly the same features as javascript.
                  100% slower than native would mean no execution at all
                  Last edited by randomizer; 29 April 2014, 07:14 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BSDude View Post
                    GTK3? No thanks!!!
                    Better than GTK2.
                    Wouldn't mind if Firefox switched to Qt, though. At least it'd get sane open/save windows?

Comment

Originally posted by Luke_Wolf View Post
                      Just sayin...
                      There is a subtle difference between "I don't like it" and "it's for teh morons, lololololol!!!!111"
                      RBEU #1000000000 - Registered Bad English User

Comment

Working...
                      X