Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bnolsen
    replied
    okay i played more with ff29 and the customize and I got it reasonable. No I'm not super happy that its a chromium clone, makes it harder to tell them apart. I wish the tab bar would default to under the navigation bar.

Leave a comment:

• Skolo
    replied
    Does anyone else have problems with registration form (instant play ->...) at www.rummyroyal.com?
    FF is extremely unresponsive and slow (typing text, switching between fields, no blinking cursor).
    Works OK in other browsers.

Leave a comment:

• ssokolow
    replied
    Originally posted by stqn View Post
    Thanks but I really don?t like "buttons? in the address bar. The address bar should contain only the address. And these buttons are tiny and hard to hit.
    A point we disagree on then. I strongly believe in the Page Actions vs. Browser Actions distinction Google Chrome enforces.

Given how the Firefox guys used a similar rationale to defend tabs on top and how they seem to love blindly copying Chrome "innovations" like hiding http:// for no good reason, I'm surprised they haven't done similarly.

(The http:// thing is a case where the Chrome guys actually solicited community feedback and then, when the community spent a year pointing out inherent problems and demanding a justification for it, they just dismissed it as unhelpful and closed comments on the bug.)

Leave a comment:

• Daktyl198
    replied
    Originally posted by FLHerne View Post
    Like that, but not. The new 'Customize' interface looks awesome, and works really well for the limited set of changes it allows. On the other hand, that's a dramatically smaller set than even the old icon-dragging interface permitted, and many of the missing settings can't even be changed in about:config despite being available to extensions.
    It's a situation where the display and rendering code can handle it, the settings exist, the general layout of the customization panel is fine, but for some reason they never actually exposed the settings directly to the user.
    An overabundance of options presented to the general user could be a bad thing... it's why many people didn't use the old customize interface (even when they figured out how to get to it ).
    I think in the future, they'll probably present an "advanced mode" accessible via about:config or something that allows... well... more advanced customization >.<

Leave a comment:

• FLHerne
    replied
    Originally posted by mmstick View Post
    You mean this?
    Like that, but not. The new 'Customize' interface looks awesome, and works really well for the limited set of changes it allows. On the other hand, that's a dramatically smaller set than even the old icon-dragging interface permitted, and many of the missing settings can't even be changed in about:config despite being available to extensions.
    It's a situation where the display and rendering code can handle it, the settings exist, the general layout of the customization panel is fine, but for some reason they never actually exposed the settings directly to the user.

Leave a comment:

• stqn
    replied
    Originally posted by ssokolow View Post
    Second, would RSS Icon In Awesombar do the trick for your RSS icon? It's what I've been using for ages now.
    Thanks but I really don?t like "buttons? in the address bar. The address bar should contain only the address. And these buttons are tiny and hard to hit.

Leave a comment:

• ssokolow
    replied
    Originally posted by stqn View Post
    I now have to use these addons to make FF29 look and feel almost correctly?

- Classic Theme Restorer (to get square tabs and fix a couple other things)
    - Downloads Window (to get a normal non bloated downloads window)
    - Status-4-Evar (to not get the white popup for target URLs)
    - Tabs on Bottom (better than Classic Theme Restorer for that job)
    - GNotifier (changes notifications to native ones)
    - Autohide RSS Icon (because the new grey RSS icon looks like it is disabled all the time. I wish I could get the orange icon back.)

This is starting to be heavy. A miracle they are not stepping too much on each others. (Of course I am also using Tab Mix Plus, Ghostery, AdBlock Edge, NoScript, Cookie Controller, Better Privacy, Copy Pure Text, Fire Gestures, GreaseMonkey, HTTPS-Everywhere, Lazarus: Form Recovery, Linkification, NoSquint, and Stylish.)
    First, thanks for letting me know that something like GNotifier has finally been written. I'd been avoiding in-browser notifications altogether while I waited for someone to restore the libnotify integration it had prior to implementing the web API.

(I'd actually been considering whipping up a quick little daemon which would allow my own creations for personal use to display notifications manually using HTTP requests)

Second, would RSS Icon In Awesombar do the trick for your RSS icon? It's what I've been using for ages now.
    Last edited by ssokolow; 05 May 2014, 04:16 AM.

Leave a comment:

• stqn
    replied
    I now have to use these addons to make FF29 look and feel almost correctly?

- Classic Theme Restorer (to get square tabs and fix a couple other things)
    - Downloads Window (to get a normal non bloated downloads window)
    - Status-4-Evar (to not get the white popup for target URLs)
    - Tabs on Bottom (better than Classic Theme Restorer for that job)
    - GNotifier (changes notifications to native ones)
    - Autohide RSS Icon (because the new grey RSS icon looks like it is disabled all the time. I wish I could get the orange icon back.)

This is starting to be heavy. A miracle they are not stepping too much on each others. (Of course I am also using Tab Mix Plus, Ghostery, AdBlock Edge, NoScript, Cookie Controller, Better Privacy, Copy Pure Text, Fire Gestures, GreaseMonkey, HTTPS-Everywhere, Lazarus: Form Recovery, Linkification, NoSquint, and Stylish.)

Leave a comment:

• Cyber Killer
    replied
    Originally posted by Awesomeness View Post
    Why can no mainstream browser actually conform to the platform's GUI guidelines?
    Because they don't want to be a part of a platform, but instead be a whole platform themselves :-/.

Leave a comment:

• Awesomeness
    replied
    Why can no mainstream browser actually conform to the platform's GUI guidelines?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X