Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inkscape 0.91 Is Still Working Towards Its Major Feature Release

Phoronix: Inkscape 0.91 Is Still Working Towards Its Major Feature Release

It's been a long time since the last major release of the Inkscape open-source vector graphics editor software, but the 0.91 release (formerly known as Inkscape 0.49) is still brewing and will be a very exciting release with a ton of new functionality...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I see the origin is still at the bottom left of the page, it's a shame they don't appear to have made that configurable yet. Apart from that, looks good in all!

Comment

Performance improvements are most welcome - my greatest problem with Inkscape at the moment is that it can bog down hard when working on more complex graphics.

Comment

I really like Inkscape and use it mode days (though not for anything fancy), my only gripe is that it seems to take a long time to start up - I think it has something to do with font caching...

Comment

Wow that's quite a list of improvements. Stuff like selecting objects by fill colour is awesome.

Comment

Inkscape, my favourite vector graphics editor.

If only flowed text would be fixed in a stable release so you can add text to a vector graphic and view it in a browser.
            If only we could save svg files to svg version 1.2 tiny profile.

Comment

Screenshot!

Yay, an article with a screenshot!

Comment

Still wating for real CMYK and spot inks support.

Comment

0.91 can't come soon enough. i am sooooooo waiting for it.

Comment

Originally posted by samigina View Post
                    Still wating for real CMYK and spot inks support.
                    Inkscape already has that support through colour management.

Comment

Working...
                    X