Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KDE 4.13 Is Being Released Today With New Features

Phoronix: KDE 4.13 Is Being Released Today With New Features

Coming out today is one of the last major KDE4 releases before the next-generation KDE stack makes its formal debut. KDE 4.13 does bring some new features worth writing home about...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Fedora was a bit early and shipped the packages early. Baloo requires some reindexing, so you best leave the PC on unattended for a while after the upgrade up let Baloo finish.
    After that the experience is very smooth.

Comment

Speaking of KDE

I have a machine with Debian Jessie x86_64 and KDE 4.11.

The problem is that when I delete a file in Dolphin, the sound volume maxes.

No matter how many times I decrease the volume to a normal level. The next time I delete a file with Dolphin, it maxes again.

Hope this matter won't happen in this new release.

Comment

Originally posted by DebianLinuxero View Post

No matter how many times I decrease the volume to a normal level. The next time I delete a file with Dolphin, it maxes again.

Did you try that in a new user?

Comment

Maybe it's you distro's fault because I never ever had such a problem in either openSUSE nor Fedora.

Comment

Originally posted by Awesomeness View Post
            Maybe it's you distro's fault because I never ever had such a problem in either openSUSE nor Fedora.
            Ya, I'm thinking it's a wonky keybinding he may have. That's why I suggested trying it in a new user account with a fresh set of prefs.

Comment

Originally posted by deanjo View Post
              Did you try that in a new user?
              Just right now, as you suggested. But still the same.

Also, I notice that it don't happen only when I delete files.
              It happen when KDE play a sound for a desktop event.

But not when I run non-KDE applications (like games).

Maybe permissions or an issue with group membership?

Comment

StorageServiceManager is a KDE native client that support Dropbox, google drive.

HOw do I use?
                bye bye dropbox client!!

Comment

Just right now, as you suggested. But still the same.

Also, I notice that it don't happen only when I delete files.
                  It happen when KDE play a sound for a desktop event.

But not when I run non-KDE applications (like games).

Maybe permissions or an issue with group membership?
                  Total shot in the dark, but maybe. Make sure you have downloaded, installed, and selected the VLC Backend for Phonon. Most distros ship Gstreamer has the default backend, but the official recommended has recently switched to VLC because of better quality. It may have no effect, or it may fix it, no idea.
                  All opinions are my own not those of my employer if you know who they are.

Comment

Originally posted by Ericg View Post
                    Total shot in the dark, but maybe. Make sure you have downloaded, installed, and selected the VLC Backend for Phonon. Most distros ship Gstreamer has the default backend, but the official recommended has recently switched to VLC because of better quality. It may have no effect, or it may fix it, no idea.
                    I just check it.

VLC plug-in for Phonon is installed and VLC is the default (and unique) sound engine.

Nice try.

Thanks anyway pals.

Comment

Working...
                    X