No announcement yet.

Firefox Enables Generational GC To Compete With Chrome

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Agree, and all those sites relying upon huge javascript libraries for just fadeout effects.

Comment

also that everyone and their dog now tests their sites on chrome only (and often use chrome-only stuff) doesn't help other browsers, be ie IE, Safari or Firefox.

Comment

Originally posted by Veerappan View Post
        For reference, I've got 10 tabs open as well, and I'm sitting under 300MB memory usage currently. That's still more than I like, but it's nowhere near the 1GB you've got.

Currently enabled extensions:
        Firebug (enabled but not active on any pages)
        Garmin Communicator (to sync my watch's GPS recordings for biking/running)
        I've got just over 300MB after hours of use, three tabs open, Adblock plus and Lastpass, plus Garmin Communicator, Flash and Google Talk plugins. Seems pretty damn reasonable to me.

Now if they could only get Firefox for Android memory usage under control. It's often 2 to 3 times worse than Chrome's (on the beta, worse on stable).

Comment

Originally posted by balouba View Post
          also that everyone and their dog now tests their sites on chrome only (and often use chrome-only stuff) doesn't help other browsers, be ie IE, Safari or Firefox.
          I doubt that's true.

Comment

Originally posted by molecule-eye View Post
            I doubt that's true.
            I'm with you. Any professional web developer would be out on their asses before you could say "IE blows" if they only tested on Chrome. They might develop on Chrome but they can't get away with not testing on at least Firefox and a couple of the later versions of IE. Unless they're in the happy (and in my experience non-existent) situation where their client only ever uses a specific browser to access the web app.

Comment

I don't see any difference:

Comment

Working...
              X