Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Epiphany 3.11.4 Browser Gets Released

Phoronix: Epiphany 3.11.4 Browser Gets Released

The latest release of the WebKitGTK+ powered Epiphany web-browser is now available as the latest milestone towards its incorporation in GNOME 3.12...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Wayland?

Does it work with Wayland?

Is it compatible with Chromium plugins/extensions?

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
      Does it work with Wayland?

Is it compatible with Chromium plugins/extensions?
      Yes and No. Browser extensions are browser specific, not engine specific iirc. Epiphany doesn't supprot external extensions anymore since, ugh 3.4 or 3.6 release.

Comment

Epiphany is still 1 CRAP Browser. TABS are hugely ugly. its not User Freindly

Comment

Originally posted by Anvil View Post
          Epiphany is still 1 CRAP Browser. TABS are hugely ugly. its not User Freindly
          It's not the UI that bothers me. From the experimental options available in Debian it appears to be the most immature WebKit browser around. It crashes with predictable certainty.

Comment

Originally posted by Marc Driftmeyer View Post
            It's not the UI that bothers me. From the experimental options available in Debian it appears to be the most immature WebKit browser around. It crashes with predictable certainty.
            its a very Limmited Browser of what you can do with it, to me its like Gnome Devs are not listening or just dont care about a todays Modern Browser needs an ya wonder why people install Chrome or Firefox cause there user-friendly browsers an can be customizable, , i dont mind webkit based browsers but Epiphany just sucks goats nuts

Comment

Yeesh- come on guys, it's hard work. They've been busting their butts just getting things moved to Webkit2 and the new infrastructure. Getting Flash to work again was a huge effort, not to mention the work they're doing building it into GNOME and adopting web standards like WebGL. It's not picking up features as quickly as everything else, but there are a small number of people working on it compared to something like Firefox or Chrome. It's similar to Midori, in those ways. I'd say it's more reliable than Midori, at least the version shipped with elementary OS- I don't run into anything like crashes on Arch with Web 3.10.3.

So far as the UI goes, they've been planning a much better way of managing tabs/windows, but the gnarly tabs are there in the meantime. These will look and function much better in 3.12, or as soon as the new tabs land in GNOME. These will be better system-wide, even if I personally enjoy the current visual motif. They work much better in Firefox's GNOME theme than anywhere else, of course.

I hope the Igalia guys can help pick up the slack with the rest of the features, but of course Epiphany is made to fit into GNOME 3, and so won't be adding any unweildy features that wouldn't be useful to a wide range of users with varying levels of experience. Better stick to Firefox if you need utter flexibility, but Epiphany is still a pretty decent experience aside from the tabs.

Comment

Working...
              X