X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• edoantonioco
    replied
    Originally posted by leidola View Post
    would you elaborate? I doubt GTKs inability to look like the windows version.
    http://skatox.com/blog/2011/08/19/%C...windows-o-mac/

Leave a comment:

• leidola
    replied
    Originally posted by edoantonioco View Post
    I hope than in a future release the linux version will have the same look than the windows version (than looks better) That was due to the inability of gtk to do that, but maybe gtk3 will be able to do it.
    would you elaborate? I doubt GTKs inability to look like the windows version.

Leave a comment:

• edoantonioco
    replied
    I hope than in a future release the linux version will have the same look than the windows version (than looks better) That was due to the inability of gtk to do that, but maybe gtk3 will be able to do it.

Leave a comment:

• jonnor
    replied
    Originally posted by TheBlackCat View Post
    So then why are the symbols not versioned?
    Supporting using multiple GTK+ library versions in one process would require more than just versioning of symbols. This is generally a hard problem, and doubly so when you have code which communicates with external resources to do its job (XServer). I mean, if you have both GTK+2 and GTK+3 in there, which one communicates to the XServer? 2, 3, both? If both, how is the responsibility divided?

Leave a comment:

• finalzone
    replied
    Originally posted by enihcam View Post
    why? GTK3 is dying.

The world would be wonderful if Firefox/FlashPlugin could move from GTK to QT.
    Same has been said for Qt several years ago. Frankly, it is getting old, time to wise up.

Leave a comment:

• startzz
    replied
    Originally posted by IsacDaavid View Post
    What? Are people still using Flash?
    You must be trolling, there is tons of tons of tons of flash content in the internet and milliards of sites, that html5 doesnt support, and it will take at least 10 years for html5 to catch up with all the flash functionality, if html5 devs will not be so dumb and lazy as gnome's devs, not to mention, that html5 is still performing way worse than flash, and even youtube isnt fully supported, just some videos...

Leave a comment:

• enihcam
    replied
    QT

why? GTK3 is dying.

The world would be wonderful if Firefox/FlashPlugin could move from GTK to QT.

Leave a comment:

• mark45
    replied
    Originally posted by GreatEmerald View Post
    Yes. YouTube still doesn't properly support HTML5 (in monetised videos, for one; in all other videos as well, because some HTML5 videos outright fail to load...).
    Chrome 31 automatically switches to HTML5 for some youtube videos and my CPU fan starts making significantly more noise.
    That is Flash for now is the better option for HD content.

Using a Nvidia card.
    Maybe HTML5 has Intel/AMD hw acceleration hence the Intel/AMD users might have a better experience.

Leave a comment:

• GreatEmerald
    replied
    Originally posted by IsacDaavid View Post
    What? Are people still using Flash?
    Yes. YouTube still doesn't properly support HTML5 (in monetised videos, for one; in all other videos as well, because some HTML5 videos outright fail to load...).

Leave a comment:

• mark45
    replied
    Steve Jobs was right: the flash devs are lazy.
    Not only didn't they bother making flash toolkit independent, but they don't even bother supporting newer toolkit versions.

On the other hand, there's Google's PPAPI plugin api, which dilutes any type of arguing in favor or against flash's support of other toolkits.

I don't know what to think. Firefox should be smarter and move to Qt5 which will support wayland.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X