Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pajn View Post
    That's just awful.
    And why would I move my mouse across the whole screen to first save a file and then open another one?
    This^^^

I am not sure GNOME has any UI/UX experts. It seems that they got some anti-experts, actually. Damn I used to like GNOME.

Comment

Originally posted by kigurai View Post
      So, you always click the mouse on undo, redo, cut, paste, copy and search. You don't use keyboard shortcuts?
      Do you get the basic idea of GUIs? They should simplify (no, I don't mean in the GNOME moron way) actions you'd normally need to use your keyboard for, even if only out of ergonomy. Do you use shortcuts to go forth and back in firefox? Well I don't care because 99% of the people do so. Sometimes I am just to lazy to use my keyboard and just use some of the luxury of our modern technology. And don't tell me lazyness isn't an attitude of the human kind. Our lazyness lets us develope new technologies for our ease of use.
      You don't need buttons? Screw it! go back to stone age and use your Linux in text mode! I'm all for it, but the GNOME way is just not making any sense. They simplify by making logical actions complicated - well it's their ALIEN way of understanding "simplifying".

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
      This is a huge step backwards.
      +1
      Couldn't have written it better.
      Last edited by Nuc!eoN; 13 January 2014, 07:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Nuc!eoN View Post
        Do you use shortcuts to go forth and back in firefox? Well I don't care because 99% of the people do so.
        Oops sorry I meant that 99% of the users use the buttons.

Comment

Originally posted by kigurai View Post
          You don't use keyboard shortcuts?
          I use keyboard shortcuts pretty often but a GUI shouldn't need to rely on "hidden" keyboard shortcuts to be productive. This defeats the purpose of having a GUI in the first place. Don't get me wrong, I'm not against keyboard shortcuts at all. It is just that a good GUI should provide productive paths for both usage paradigms.

Comment

gnome devs...

gnome devs making our life worst. like MS devs. i dont see the point of this, but ok i change for another when this shit come out

Comment

Originally posted by dalingrin View Post
              I use keyboard shortcuts pretty often but a GUI shouldn't need to rely on "hidden" keyboard shortcuts to be productive. This defeats the purpose of having a GUI in the first place. Don't get me wrong, I'm not against keyboard shortcuts at all. It is just that a good GUI should provide productive paths for both usage paradigms.
              I think most people use some shortcuts for text editors. C-c C-v C-x C-s i s very common even many people without much computer experience use them.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrecorreia View Post
                gnome devs making our life worst. like MS devs. i dont see the point of this, but ok i change for another when this shit come out
                The point of this is unification an following their HIG. I think there are a few issues with their idea but in general I really like the new approach.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrecorreia View Post
                  try geany

Comment

So I use Kate, here it is without anything open: https://i.imgur.com/To29fh9.png

Is that really "cluttered"? The space of a text document in the window is literally around 90% as much space allocated as in this new gedit, but I have dozens of other circumstantial tools to use that, while plugins, are at my fingertips.

And if I used the menu-in-the-title-bar KDE option I'd have some more space back.

Comment

I use nano and i3 but

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
                      This looks retarded. It looks confusing and unproductive.
                      It looks like its made for tablets or smartphones or something.

But no tablet or smartphone runs GNOME.
                      This is useless.

This is a huge step backwards.
                      Yes, i agree, and they are stealing concept from IOS...

but a text editor is not the same like an app notes, gnome devs are so dumbs

Comment

Working...
                      X