Intel Linux Driver Almost Neck-And-Neck With Windows 8.1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kayden View Post
    There's apparently a bad interaction between Heaven 4.0 and our implementation of ARB_sample_shading, which results in the solid white screen. If you disable that by setting the MESA_EXTENSION_OVERRIDE=-GL_ARB_sample_shading environment variable, then Heaven 4.0 works fine on Mesa 10. I've run it a lot, actually.

Valley 1.0 has a bug where it requests dual source color blending without indicating which outputs are color 0 and color 1. Without that information (which is required by the GL spec), we have to guess, and have a 50/50 chance of getting it right. Apparently, nVidia gets lucky. I have some hacks to work around that, and then Valley works as well.
    ohhh, thank you. finally some words that clear up things a bit for me. searched like mad all over the inet and found nothing usefull regarding this issue.

many thanks!!! tried out the heaven demo and it works... slow and choppy on my i3 4330 but it works

Comment

Thanks for all the answers! It seems we're already there for mid and top-range SKUs, but not yet for older/low-end ones.

Comment

Originally posted by s_j_newbury View Post
        Michael, you don't say what perf_bias setting you are using...
        ...on my Ivybridge system the BIOS sets it to performance mode, but the kernel switches to 'normal':

[ 0.000203] ENERGY_PERF_BIAS: Set to 'normal', was 'performance'
        ENERGY_PERF_BIAS: View and update with x86_energy_perf_policy(8)

Despite the kernel log above, the "cpupower" utility is, I believe, the standard way to set performance modes:

cpupower set -b performance

This really helps performance here. I've no idea what the policy is in Windows, but it most likely sets it to performance mode when running on AC.
        All details can be found via Openbenchmarking.org.
        Michael Larabel
        https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
          All details can be found via Openbenchmarking.org.
          I must be completely blind, but I've never been able to find the link to the openbenchmarking.org results for your articles when you don't explicitly link to them in the text. Can't you just say whether you're running with powersaving, normal or performance perf_bias? Is this recorded in the openbenchmarking.org sysinfo? I can't see it anywhere.

Comment

Working...
          X