Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Firefox 25 Now Shipping With Minor Enhancements

Phoronix: Firefox 25 Now Shipping With Minor Enhancements

One month after the release of Firefox 24, Mozilla Firefox 25 is now available via FTP servers globally and will be officially announced on Tuesday. There are a few small but notable changes for the Firefox 25 web-browser update...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Can't confirm that it DID ship, but this was the release were Australis was SUPPOSED to ship.

Mozilla is planning a major design overhaul of its flagship browser with the release of Firefox 25, slated to arrive in October. The company makes a point to discuss its plans for changes openly, and this upcoming new version is by no means
    All opinions are my own not those of my employer if you know who they are.

Comment

I think you've jumped the gun a little... Firefox is currently reporting no updates, on 24...

Comment

I wish they implemented global Flash click-to-play, instead of having to enable it by site...

Comment

Originally posted by Delgarde View Post
          I think you've jumped the gun a little... Firefox is currently reporting no updates, on 24...
          It won't until its officially announced. It always gets pushed to FTP a day or so before release, and Michael does always make a note when it officially hits the FTP server.

The 25.0 directory was pushed to the FTP monday, and Tuesday is listed as the official release date for 25. So, so far so good.
          All opinions are my own not those of my employer if you know who they are.

Comment

Originally posted by Ericg View Post
            Can't confirm that it DID ship, but this was the release were Australis was SUPPOSED to ship.

http://thenextweb.com/insider/2013/0...-a-quick-peek/
            Australlis isn't even in Nightly version 27. I'm pretty sure that on this next version-shift (to Nightly 28) it will appear, given that the http://getaustralis.com/ no longer gives downloads to the Nightly UX builds and instead says "will be landing in Nightly soon"

So don't expect Australis until at least Firefox 28. I can't wait for it, as I personally love the look over what is there currently and I don't have a million add-ons. Not to mention that people seem to be forgetting the interface is rendered by Gecko as well by using XUL. I'm pretty sure Australis doesn't just look different, but performs better interface-side as well

Comment

Originally posted by Daktyl198 View Post
              Australlis isn't even in Nightly version 27. I'm pretty sure that on this next version-shift (to Nightly 28) it will appear, given that the http://getaustralis.com/ no longer gives downloads to the Nightly UX builds and instead says "will be landing in Nightly soon"

So don't expect Australis until at least Firefox 28. I can't wait for it, as I personally love the look over what is there currently and I don't have a million add-ons. Not to mention that people seem to be forgetting the interface is rendered by Gecko as well by using XUL. I'm pretty sure Australis doesn't just look different, but performs better interface-side as well
              Don't want to start a flame war, but is this really how Firefox will look like (a Chrome clone)?

Comment

My only problem with this is that by not resetting the session on restarting Firefox, it'll make the job of Helpdesks that much harder.

Comment

Nothing about the notification "problem" in Linux nor GST 1.0 support.

Comment

No Win64 builds

BTW anyone remember the rationale for not producing 64bit builds for Windows?
                    Something to do with their continuing support for XP beyond April'14?

Comment

Working...
                    X