Firefox 25 Now Shipping With Minor Enhancements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vk512 View Post
    BTW anyone remember the rationale for not producing 64bit builds for Windows?
    Something to do with their continuing support for XP beyond April'14?
    All opinions are my own not those of my employer if you know who they are.

Comment

Originally posted by 89c51 View Post
      Nothing about the notification "problem" in Linux nor GST 1.0 support.
      Not sure what "notification problem" you are referring to. But the gstreamer 1.0 support you can track via: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=806917

Comment

Originally posted by log0 View Post
        Sorry, can't parse. What are you talking about?
        Have you used Firefox with australis?

Comment

Originally posted by Ericg View Post
          Not sure what "notification problem" you are referring to. But the gstreamer 1.0 support you can track via: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=806917
          Non native notifications in linux. I am not sure its purely a mozilla problem. AFAIK there was a problem with web notifications not being compatible with the notification standard in linux or something like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Daktyl198 View Post
            If you can suffer two clicks instead of one, Firefox does have a "paste and go" option, which is what you want in the right-click menu on the URL bar.
            Also, like most browsers, it support drag-and-drop loading of URLS.
            I have seen that feature, Opera has that too, but what I particularly liked about Opera is you could highlight text, middle-click on the tab bar, and it would create a new tab, paste the text in the URL bar, and automatically search (or go to the URL if it was a URL). You can't get any faster than that - just 2 clicks with a mouse and you are handling 5 separate tasks. I believe Chrome can do this too, except you middle click on new-tab button.

Comment

Originally posted by schmidtbag View Post
              I have seen that feature, Opera has that too, but what I particularly liked about Opera is you could highlight text, middle-click on the tab bar, and it would create a new tab, paste the text in the URL bar, and automatically search (or go to the URL if it was a URL). You can't get any faster than that - just 2 clicks with a mouse and you are handling 5 separate tasks. I believe Chrome can do this too, except you middle click on new-tab button.
              In Firefox, you middle-click in the body of the page. Though it doesn't open a tab, but rather redirects the current page to the one in the clipboard. At least that's how it works in openSUSE with KDE, anyway.

Comment

Unfortunately, in the process they are removing the add-on bar. I don't care because I don't use it, but in the end I think it was a good decision. There are plenty of add-ons that seem to give you an icon on the add-on bar just to be there... and this will force them to stop. Also a few other reasons.
                Oh no, the add-on bar is the only bar I actually use, anything else is disabled. What are the reasons for removing that?

Comment

1. The tabs on Australis are proper curves, nice and smooth [?]
                  2. Some people have complained about there now being a "single button menu", to which I say "What firefox are you using again?" cuz Firefox has had a single button menu for a while. [?]

Unfortunately, in the process they are removing the add-on bar. I don't care because I don't use it, but in the end I think it was a good decision. There are plenty of add-ons that seem to give you an icon on the add-on bar just to be there... and this will force them to stop.
                  Personnaly I like my system to have the same look and feel everywhere and use my Gtk theme of choice, so different tabs is both a bad thing and a waste of human ressources.

The same can be said for the ? one button menu ?: non standard and requires one more click. Thankfully Firefox (24) under Arch linux does have a proper menu and not this button.

Then if the addon bar is gone, how will I be able to quickly change the settings of Cookie Controller, NoScript and Stylish? How will I see the current zoom value, and if Linkify, HTTPSEverywhere or AdBlock+ are enabled or not? I hope the status-4-evar addon will still work.

Comment

Originally posted by Ferdinand View Post
                    Have you used Firefox with australis?
                    No. My first contact has been through this thread, by following the posted link: http://getaustralis.com/

And my first thought has been Chrome. I am not a Chrome user btw. I run a slightly modified default Firefox theme on all my machines. I prefer (my current) Firefox setup over Chrome UI, see nothing wrong with it, thus my slight "disappointment".

Comment

Originally posted by stqn View Post
                      The same can be said for the ? one button menu ?: non standard and requires one more click. Thankfully Firefox (24) under Arch linux does have a proper menu and not this button.
                      The "one button menu" as you call it is just a matter of turning on or off the menu bar under "View --> Toolbars" or "Preferences ---> Menu Toolbar." So either way it doesnt matter lol

Comment

Working...
                      X