Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cinelerra 4.5 Is Silently Available For Video Editing

Phoronix: Cinelerra 4.5 Is Silently Available For Video Editing

Cinelerra, one of the popular open-source video editors and compositors for Linux, hadn't seen an official update since July of 2012 but pushed this week was a source package for their next major release...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Found something at least:

10/31/13 - Cinelerra 4.5 Speed curves mainly for video & in degraded quality for audio. Some control over whether automation follows edits. Ability to transfer keyframes between audio and video tracks. Motion temporaries are stored in /tmp/m and /tmp/r files. Time Avg clears the accumulator on keyframes.
    At the bottom of the page. Not much but still...

Comment

Unfortunately Cinelerra never really worked for me. I tried it quite a few times over the past few years, but each time I tried, it was constantly crashing.

I also tried OpenShot and KDEnlive but OpenShot was too basic and KDEnlive crashed quite often. I'm now using Blender for video editing. It's not a perfect replacement for a real video editing tool, but it gets the job done. Besides it has a great compositor and thanks to the 3D part, you can even do VFX.

Anyone tried Lightworks yet? Might have a look at that one for my editing needs.

Comment

Working...
      X