Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Qt 5.2 Is Now Out In Beta Form

Phoronix: Qt 5.2 Is Now Out In Beta Form

Qt 5.2 has been in alpha since the end of September but now Digia has announced the beta release of the Qt 5.2 tool-kit...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

*grabs popcorn for the usual trolls*

Anyway, do you think it would be possible to make a comparison between the different javascript engines ? (Firefox's, Google's, and now Qt's...)

Comment

The Qt JS engine will probably lose, but that is because it is designed to optimize the QML stuff. Javascript is only a small part of most of the .qml files.

Comment

I just want a QtCreator compiled against Qt5 so that QtQuick2 projects are supported -LITERALLY- the only thing I care about with the 3.0 update >_>
        All opinions are my own not those of my employer if you know who they are.

Comment

Originally posted by siavashserver
          QtCreator (2.8.1) package provided by ArchLinux is compiled against Qt5 (5.1.1).
          Might be optional then, because at least Fedora (2.8.0) doesn't allow the creation of QtQuick2 projects, which requires Qt5+. Qt5 is installable but apparently QtCreator wasn't linked AGAINST Qt5 since there's no QtQuick2 support

EDIT: Check out the comments in: https://bugreports.qt-project.org/br...REATORBUG-7858
          Last edited by Ericg; 23 October 2013, 10:55 PM.

Comment

No qtwayland for Qt 5.2 ?!?

Comment

Originally posted by Nuc!eoN View Post
              No qtwayland for Qt 5.2 ?!?
              QtWayland landed in 5.0 o.O

Comment

Originally posted by siavashserver
                I'm not aware of packaging details. May be you are facing a similar issue like this: http://askubuntu.com/questions/25971...project-dialog

I mostly use QtCreator with plain C/C++ projects, but here is a few screenshots to show that it's already possible to create and work on QtQuick 2 based projects too. (That's a custom theme and wasn't tuned for QML syntax highlighting, sorry if that hurts eyes)
                Thanks for the like Siavash, that fixed it for me. I'll have to remember that for next time haha

Comment

Originally posted by Ericg View Post
                  QtWayland landed in 5.0 o.O
                  Hm, then why does Arch wiki say it needs to be installed separately: https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Wayland#Qt5 ?

Comment

Working...
                  X