KScreensaver, KRandR Dropped From KDE Workspaces

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pingufunkybeat View Post
    And the sad part is that we live in an age where classical music rises and falls due to marketing gimmicks.

But then, if "Also sprach Zarathustra" is only known as "2001 music" and "Ride of the Valkyries" is "Apocalypse Now" music, then poor old T?rrega has to live with being Nokia's cash cow.
    learn something new each day. I had no idea that the Nokia ring tone had been composed by T?rrega. Thank you! And the Walk?renritt is just an awesome matching piece of music for that part in Apocalypse Now. (It's overall one of my most favorite pieces of classical music - overall "Der Ring der Nibelungen" has some really great music.)

Comment

Originally posted by mgraesslin View Post
      learn something new each day. I had no idea that the Nokia ring tone had been composed by T?rrega. Thank you! And the Walk?renritt is just an awesome matching piece of music for that part in Apocalypse Now. (It's overall one of my most favorite pieces of classical music - overall "Der Ring der Nibelungen" has some really great music.)
      I don't blame you -- Gran Vals is one of Tarrega's most rubbish compositions. It only gets played at recitals because of Nokia, really

Comment

Originally posted by devius View Post
        :'( Please show some respect for the flying penguins. They will have no place to go anymore...

It's funny to think that kids in 10 years won't know what a screen saver is.
        That's probably true - we're already at the point where the average person doesn't know what the intended purpose is of a screensaver.

Comment

I use screensavers to display useful information . I hope they re implement an enhanced version

Comment

Originally posted by Alex Sarmiento View Post
            I use screensavers to display useful information . I hope they re implement an enhanced version
            Can't be that useful if it only shows up when you're not actively paying attention to your computer.

Comment

Originally posted by schmidtbag View Post
              Can't be that useful if it only shows up when you're not actively paying attention to your computer.
              I place a watch and a weather widget . That is useful for me

Comment

Originally posted by Alex Sarmiento View Post
                I place a watch and a weather widget . That is useful for me
                it's QtQuick2 - so we plan to have the possibility of Plasma applets there.

Comment

Originally posted by mgraesslin View Post
                  So here just for U:

Screensavers have lost their original function but it's one of this gadgets cool to have and I really appreciate that Martin understand it. (I remember that blogpost when screensavers were moved to kwin)

BTW classical music is doing just fine

Comment

Well, good riddance there.

Comment

Originally posted by zanny View Post
                      Might want to be a lil more environmentally conscientious and just have the screen turn off, then. This ain't '95, save them watts!
                      No thanks! I need the heat!

Comment

Working...
                      X