Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VLC 2.1 Is Now Available: Qt5 Happy, Audio Improvements

Phoronix: VLC 2.1 Is Now Available: Qt5 Happy, Audio Improvements

The VLC 2.1.0 open-source cross-platform media player is now available for download...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Includes VDPAU support.

Comment

I hope the re-written audio core fixed the issues I've been having with audio/video sync ever since vlc 2.0.4 (unsync's after I pause/resume a video).

Comment

I wonder if it fixes the issue with VLC's horrible color depth. Comparing a video on mplayer2 to VLC is night and day (which sucks, because I rather like VLC)

Comment

Still haven't fixed the now almost 5 year old keyboard shortcut bug in at least the German language (H instead of Ctrl-H). Fail.

Comment

Originally posted by xnor View Post
            Still haven't fixed the now almost 5 year old keyboard shortcut bug in at least the German language (H instead of Ctrl-H). Fail.
            Why not have a go at fixing it yourself? Most people get involved in open source development by scratching their own itches...

Comment

Originally posted by archibald View Post
              Why not have a go at fixing it yourself? Most people get involved in open source development by scratching their own itches...

Not everyone is a coder. Or not skillful enough to get involved in a high caliber project. Its not as easy as you make it sound.

Comment

Originally posted by 89c51 View Post
                Not everyone is a coder. Or not skillful enough to get involved in a high caliber project. Its not as easy as you make it sound.
                Making it sound easy was unintentional.

I just find the insistance on focusing on something negative to the exclusion of all the good to be unpleasant.

xnor: can you post a link to the bug report?

Comment

Originally posted by 89c51 View Post
                  You're right that not everyone is a coder or very skilled, but given that the bug in question is pretty... particular. Its very possible the fix for it could be done 'easily' since you'd have the other hotkey code to use as references.
                  All opinions are my own not those of my employer if you know who they are.

Comment

I opened a bug report over half a year ago which was closed immediately. I posted the problem and even the solution on their forums, a Developer (forum title) wrote:
                    "I already have a working patch but the powers that be will not let me merge it."

It gets better. The bug I opened was closed:
                    "Already reported many times."

My question "Duplicate of what? Ticket number please." was never answered.

edit: reopened. -_-
                    Last edited by xnor; 25 September 2013, 06:51 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X