Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stiiixy View Post
    This, doubly this and caramelised this.
    Flash is a too big security hole to be trusted near anything banking related.

Mine all use pure HTML on the client side, and I'm happy this way.

Originally posted by stiiixy View Post
    Interestingly, some of the new stuff also doesn't revert to H5 at times.
    Is it mostly the thing with ads and/or DRM? Or is there simply a lag between the two ?

It might be that they need the additional control that flash currently offers and that HTML5 doesn't have (pending futur adoption of nightmares like HTML5 VIDEO DRM).

It might be that the video is initially uploaded in a Flash-only codec, and it takes time to transcode indo html5 supported formats (WebM and H264)

Comment

Originally posted by Shnatsel View Post
      Also, RTMP was actually reverse-engineered by MPlayer developers and they wrote an open-source implementation of the protocol (librtmp). So doubly meh.
      Rob Savoye, author of Gnash reverse engineered RTMP, and it worked in gnash ages ago.

Comment

Originally posted by frign View Post
        BO$$ is back!

Before reading your name I knew you had written this.
        and of course someone quotes/replies... sigh.

Comment

Originally posted by aironeous View Post
          I don't understand how you or anyone else says that.
          CNN, the daily show, my bank website, hulu, youtube, everything uses flash, without It I can't function
          Your bank website uses flash? For what? the login screen Hahaha that's pathetic.

Comment

Originally posted by BO$$ View Post
            Gnash == amateur beginner programmers with no resources. Flash == Genius programmers paid in gold by a real company. No wonder closed source > open source. It isn't that hard to succeed in front of beginning weekend programmers.
            troll softer

Comment

Originally posted by AnonymousCoward View Post
              Your bank website uses flash? For what? the login screen Hahaha that's pathetic.
              My bank uses it to generate charts/graphs. And I think they have a java app that displays what your checks will look like with the different options when you order them.

It's pretty annoying, but certainly nothing that's going to make me switch banks.

Comment

In my experience, Gnash can be made to work, with the right magic (right version of Firefox, right version of the dependencies, sometimes a greasemonkey script...)
                Lightspark, on the other hand, never showed me more than a black square.
                I gave up and installed flash when it was needed for some school assignments.
                But of late, I generally don't need it.

Comment

google chrome + flash pepeer, total win.

Comment

Originally posted by Ibidem View Post
                    In my experience, Gnash can be made to work, with the right magic (right version of Firefox, right version of the dependencies, sometimes a greasemonkey script...)
                    Lightspark, on the other hand, never showed me more than a black square.
                    I gave up and installed flash when it was needed for some school assignments.
                    But of late, I generally don't need it.
                    They should be using tamarin... AFAIK, it's like 10% of flash.
                    Anyway, there is a replacement for flash being developed for firefox: https://github.com/mozilla/shumway

Originally posted by pandev92 View Post
                    google chrome + flash pepeer, total win.
                    pepper + chromium ( http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...4#post12072504 or http://www.ubuntugeek.com/how-to-ins...-gnulinux.html ) FTW :P

Comment

Originally posted by asdfblah View Post
                      They should be using tamarin... AFAIK, it's like 10% of flash.
                      Anyway, there is a replacement for flash being developed for firefox: https://github.com/mozilla/shumway
                      The problem its just an other wrapper, where the original flash and the ppapi flash is native.

Comment

Working...
                      X