New KDE Plasma NM Sees Its First Release

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Honton View Post
    Oh you didn't understand what I wrote, too bad for you. Let me help you get smarter. First of all "brother" has a large degree of ambiguity. It is quite obvious that KDE and Gnome is not related. KDE was born out of ignorance to freedom, Gnome was born as a re-action to this sloppyness. Second of all bigger brother is close to but not equal older brother. Im happy you got smarter now. Now use your newly gained wisdom to think about why Gnome is the bigger brother. Let me help you. Gnome have more developers, a better produt, better corporate support, leaner code base, not depending on some CLA company and best of all: A much much better UX.

Riiiight. Martin makes a living from blogging, just like the 1000 teenagers. Nobody cares about kwin, it is a stale, old mess. Im happy for the blog-go-hacker that he can make a living from live-blogging as he pulls the worst crap out kwin. But at the end of the day nobody cares about kwin.
    What a stupid troll you are. For your information gnome is the most messed up desktop environment in history. It was born, because ms jerks couldn't stand KDE is better that their favorite platform - windows. Icaza wanted to cheat us and made unusable, crippled DE which is considered as bad joke by community. Let me help you: KDE has much bigger community and gnome is loosing against Unity as well. KDE has much better code base - not using some crappy objective C, but Qt. It has far better UX while gnome has most crappy one. As for corporate support... I don't see it at all when comes to gnome. Could you give some examples, pleas? If gnome shell was backed by some company just don't mention it! It looks like a trojan horse, to me.

Comment

Fixed.

Yes. Gnome is the only code and UX worth forking. Forking is a social dynamic where a part of the youth gains experence through revolt.
      Not in this case. Gnome code was forked, because its headless developers made it unusable for most of the Gnome 2 users and new users as well. It was an only reason. In contrary it's not worth to fork KDE, because it's completely beautifull and provides much better experience. Usually broken projects like gnome are forked.

Comment

Originally posted by Pawlerson View Post
        You probably meant a bastard called gnome. I have only to say: screw this mess that came from Icaza and divided Linux desktop. Gnome only copies from KDE.
        If that's the case, then who from the KDE team had the stupid idea of making the plugin scripting language Javascript?
        Javascript is for the web, not for a DE.

Comment

Originally posted by intellivision View Post
          If that's the case, then who from the KDE team had the stupid idea of making the plugin scripting language Javascript?
          Wait, isn't gnome doing the same when comes to gnome shell extensions? I have the same opinion about this.

Comment

Wait, isn't gnome doing the same when comes to gnome shell extensions? I have the same opinion about this.
            Yeah, it was a bit of sarcasm around what you said and what Gnome has done.

Comment

Originally posted by intellivision View Post
              I think that people still sees javascript as something which has for only purpose this : http://uuu.enseirb.fr/~jcelerier/

Comment

Originally posted by Teho View Post
                It doesn't take a genius to figure it out. You can use stuff like Alexa rank, Google Trends, ammount of registered users in forums (1,5 million @ ubuntu forums), size of online communities like Facebook, Google+ and Reddit, indicators like the fact that software like Steam come first to Ubuntu, the news buzz (mainstream technical sites report only about Ubuntu), vendor contracts (the Dell stuff at India and China)... every single one points to Ubuntu being by far the biggest. People are of course free to believe whatever they like...
                Facts:
                1. 771 Ubuntu Members is low. Both GNOME and KDE both have thousands of members each (Ohloh claims ~4000?5000).
                2. Steam does not come first to Ubuntu. Steam is distro-agnostic. Valve just happens to distribute a .deb package which installs perfectly on e.g. openSUSE via Alien.
                3. Canonical operates at a loss since its founding, Red Hat makes 1bn USD per year.

You apparently just entered this thread to reply to a known troll. Seriously, how stupid can you be? The best reaction to trolls like Honton is to ignore them.
                The most pathetic thing about your showing here is that after taking the bait, you lost.
                Now get over it and get back on topic which is Plasma-NM, written by Red Hat for KDE, in case you have anything to say about it at all?

Comment

Originally posted by Awesomeness View Post
                  Facts:
                  1. 771 Ubuntu Members is low. Both GNOME and KDE both have thousands of members each (Ohloh claims ~4000–5000).
                  2. Steam does not come first to Ubuntu. Steam is distro-agnostic. Valve just happens to distribute a .deb package which installs perfectly on e.g. openSUSE via Alien.
                  3. Canonical operates at a loss since its founding, Red Hat makes 1bn USD per year.
                  Couple of facts for you too:

Ubuntu forums have 1,8 million users, Mint has less than 100 000, FedoraForum.org has 140 000 and openSUSE forums have less than 80 000k.

Ubuntu Google+ community has 340k likes while Gnome has 23k , Fedora 24k, openSUSE 34k, Linux Mint 14k and so on.

Ubuntu reddit page has 38k readers, Mint has 4k, Gnome 2,4k, Fedora 3k, openSUSE under 1000.

Ubuntu Facebook page has 850k likes, Linux Mint has 40k, Fedora 38k, openSUSE 20k, Gnome 40k, KDE 40k...

According to Google Trends Ubuntu is immensely more popular than any other GNU/Linux distribution (multiple times more than all others combined).

Alexa shows similar trend in ammount of page hits. In the global rank Ubuntu is 1559th, Fedora is 8000th, Linux Mint 7500th, Gnome 18000th, openSUSE 10000th... (their respecive home pages).

Ubuntu is being sold in both India and China in hundreds of stores.

...and about Steam:

The Steam for Linux Beta client is currently available for installation on Ubuntu 12.04. “An overwhelming majority of beta applicants have reported they’re running the Ubuntu distro of Linux,” according to Frank Crockett, a member of the Steam for Linux team, “We intend to support additional popular distros in the future; we’ll prioritize development for these based on user feedback.”
                  It can be confirmed from the Steam hardware survey too. You see the trend here?

Also Red Hat doesn't make its money from desktop (altough neither does Ubuntu). If we are talking about desktop environments some server business hardly makes a difference.

The best reaction to trolls like Honton is to ignore them.
                  Like I care? I think he's a fragile idiot.

Now get over it and get back on topic which is Plasma-NM, written by Red Hat for KDE, in case you have anything to say about it at all…
                  Yeah, it's awesome and I have been using it for couple of months.

Comment

What a stupid troll you are. For your information gnome is the most messed up desktop environment in history. It was born, because ms jerks couldn't stand KDE is better that their favorite platform - windows.
                    Really? GNOME was developed by Microsoft? I did not know that.

Icaza wanted to cheat us and made unusable, crippled DE which is considered as bad joke by community. Let me help you: KDE has much bigger community and gnome is loosing against Unity as well. KDE has much better code base - not using some crappy objective C, but Qt. It has far better UX while gnome has most crappy one. As for corporate support... I don't see it at all when comes to gnome. Could you give some examples, pleas? If gnome shell was backed by some company just don't mention it! It looks like a trojan horse, to me.
                    Red Hat and Intel.

Comment

He is refering to Miguel de Icaza. Some how it pisses off the KDE people that he left desktop Linux and started to use OSX. I think the KDE fans should look to their own founder, Matthias Ettrich. He is much worse.

He was part of the management team at Nokia when they decided to ditch the promised "Next billion Linux devices". And today? He is still at Nokia but it is uncertain to me if he will continue at Microsoft or he wil continue at the Nokia-leftovers doing patent trolling. http://www.linkedin.com/pub/matthias-ettrich/28/9b0/aa8

Congratz KDE, your founder is freedom-hating, patent-loving MS-boy. I guess he is also really proud of making KDE into a CLA-accepting DE, worst part this injecting this CLA-virus into the free world. And this is clearly Mark Shuttleworth's inspiration to doing a whole CLA stack.
                      You know that the Infos are not up to date?

Comment

Working...
                      X