KDE Devises New Release Plan, Frameworks 5 Ahead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mgraesslin View Post
    I think that's a very good idea. It doesn't make sense to say what I am supposed to have said. Both sides in this discussion. As I already wrote: I find this thread highly amusing.

It would be so simple, like just asking me for a statement instead you try to interpret google plus postings on completely unrelated topics and try to interpret them in a way I would not even have imagined in my wildest dreams.
    If you could point out what i said that was wrong, i'd be grateful. Are you saying the current focus of most development is not on the frameworks 5 port right now? Also, does my guess of a spring 2015 kde on wayland release sound reasonable? That was just a guess on my part, and i said so from the beginning.

Comment

Originally posted by smitty3268 View Post
      If you could point out what i said that was wrong, i'd be grateful.
      sorry, I don't want to go through a 50 posts thread to search for incorrect things ;-)

Are you saying the current focus of most development is not on the frameworks 5 port right now?
      Right now it's Sunday and I don't have any development focus ;-) Overall my personal focus has been on Qt5, by that implied XCB, and Wayland since January. That hasn't changed and won't change. The last weeks I have only focused on Qt 5, but the weeks before that only focused on Wayland. So you see I am working on both.
      Also, does my guess of a spring 2015 kde on wayland release sound reasonable?
      I don't know how you got to spring 2015, but that doesn't sound reasonable at all. Our timeline hasn't shifted.

Comment

Originally posted by mgraesslin View Post
        The last weeks I have only focused on Qt 5, but the weeks before that only focused on Wayland. So you see I am working on both.
        Oh, my mistake then.
        I don't know how you got to spring 2015, but that doesn't sound reasonable at all. Our timeline hasn't shifted.
        Is there a public timeline available for Wayland? I haven't seen it. I guess i was going by 6 month releases - spring 2014 for frameworks 5, fall 2014 for the initial wayland test releases, and spring 2015 for a final release worthy version that distros might switch to. I guess you are saying it will be faster than that?

Comment

Working...
        X