• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• schmalzler
    replied
    Originally posted by kde-4.11.1 Release announcement
    Improvements include the return of drag-and-drop from taskbar to pager
    Updated a friends system. Knew about the bug, read this line, thought "great" and did the update. And - it does not work! Well, it works if I set sorting of taskbar to "manual", but not with any other...
    Anyone here who can confirm? (it is a Gentoo Linux which ships the patch to plasma-runtime that reenables activation by clicking - isn't there any testing done anymore before release? Or is it the focus on PW2?)

Leave a comment:

• Krejzi
    replied
    Originally posted by jrch2k8 View Post
    just curiosity, what distro you use? because in gentoo and arch kde-4.11.1 and pyhton run just peachy but maybe i got a fix already in latest release. anyway report the bug in your distro or to kde bugzilla to check if someone else can repeat it in another distro
    Problem is present in Arch, too if you update pyqt and sip to latest versions, 4.10.3 and 4.15.1 respectively. You can't compile PyKDE against any of them, but it still has a version of PyKDE built with earlier pyqt and sip. Bug is already known to upstream and requires fixing 3 packages. But as I said, it didn't made it to 4.11.1 release.

Leave a comment:

• Teho
    replied
    Originally posted by codegreen View Post
    Is this the version that runs under Wayland and doesn't need X?
    No. That will be available with KDE Plasma Workspaces 2.0 that's based on Qt 5 and KF5 and will be released sometime next year.

Leave a comment:

• codegreen
    replied
    Is this the version that runs under Wayland and doesn't need X?

Leave a comment:

• jrch2k8
    replied
    Originally posted by schmidtbag View Post
    Oh good, lets hope this fixes all the compositing issues I'm getting. It's frustrating how often I have use alt+shift+F12 so I can actually see my screen again. I never had to do this before 4.11.
    if you are using fglrx you need to export some env variables, there are somewhere in martin G+ or kde planet, i don't remeber.

if you are running FOSS drivers try getting mesa 9.2 or check if it is specific to your distro

Leave a comment:

• jrch2k8
    replied
    Originally posted by Krejzi View Post
    Too bad python issue isn't fixed ... KDE Python bindings are broken with latest PyQt and sip, redering anything that uses Python in KDe unusable (plasma-desktop segfaulting because it tries to load synaptiks which is written in Python).
    just curiosity, what distro you use? because in gentoo and arch kde-4.11.1 and pyhton run just peachy but maybe i got a fix already in latest release. anyway report the bug in your distro or to kde bugzilla to check if someone else can repeat it in another distro

Leave a comment:

• deri
    replied
    Any idea why my linux mint dont' see the update not this one and not the earlier one...i have added kubuntu beta ppa.

Leave a comment:

• Krejzi
    replied
    Too bad python issue isn't fixed ... KDE Python bindings are broken with latest PyQt and sip, redering anything that uses Python in KDe unusable (plasma-desktop segfaulting because it tries to load synaptiks which is written in Python).

Leave a comment:

• deri
    replied
    I use combination of ctrl+alt+FX

and then back to ctrl+alt+F7 or 6 or 8 not sure now and it restores the current session

Leave a comment:

• schmidtbag
    replied
    Oh good, lets hope this fixes all the compositing issues I'm getting. It's frustrating how often I have use alt+shift+F12 so I can actually see my screen again. I never had to do this before 4.11.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X