X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vim_User
    replied
    Originally posted by Honton View Post
    KDE should worry more about pressure, because Kubuntu is based on a non-standard distrobution.
    Kubuntu is not the only KDE distro, almost no KDE developer even uses Kubuntu. Also, to which standard do you refer?

Leave a comment:

• liam
    replied
    There is no diff, there is no pressure. Gnome3 is doing just fine in the coming RHEL and in Fedora.
    Well, there is a diff, actually. For one thing, fedora doesn't ship Epiphany/Web. I believe there are others as well, but that's the main user facing difference.
    As for pressure, I'm not sure you're right about that...

Leave a comment:

• TheBlackCat
    replied
    You already got the Ohloh numbers. Showing KDE is DOOMED

I just went ahead at took a look on the monthly average for five digests near July month of 2013, 2012 and 2011. Based on KDE commit digests.

2011: 230 contributors, 2490 commits
    2012: 192 contributors, 2230 commits
    2013: 164 contributors, 1960 commits

Sorry but like Ohloh and the commit digest agrees. KDE is DYING Now deal with the facts, and don't shoot the messenger.
    There was a similar drop leading up to the KDE 4.0 release as well. I guess KDE died then too

Leave a comment:

• danielnez1
    replied
    Ohloh sources and Digest sources. For the digest sources I provided you with a 10% sample size and mitigated sesonal auto correlation effects by chosing same-month data.
    Right, so you have us the old chestnut that is the Ohloh stats, which correct me if I'm wrong also show a decrease in GNOME contributions and of course that graph chrisb found that showed a plummet in Debian contributions to near zero; somehow I don't think we are getting the full story there.

Likewise, cherry picking data to try to prove your point goes to show that you really don't have a point to make. You should try harder next time.

Leave a comment:

• danielnez1
    replied
    Well you were provided with facts. If you can't accept the multisourced facts it is your problem. KDE is dropping like a rock no matter what.
    What multi-sourced facts are you talking about? However, I see you have revered to making more unsubstantiated comments, surprise surprise.

Leave a comment:

• danielnez1
    replied
    Im not here to do all that work. I did it for a sample and proved the trending. If you think the data is flawed or too narrow, I suggest you prove me wrong. Show me a monthly average that does not support what Ohloh and my trending agrees on, or keep quite and deal with the facts.
    Well if you are not here to "do all of the work" then don't make the claim - simple.

Leave a comment:

• Vim_User
    replied
    And they can only relicense to permissive non-free license.
    Such a thing does not exist. I guess you mean permissive OSS licenses.

Leave a comment:

• n3wu53r
    replied
    Originally posted by Delgarde View Post
    To be fair, you're not seeing those from Gnome people, either. You're seeing them from noisy trolls, who may or may not actually be Gnome users...
    I'm pretty sure Honton uses gnome, he had a screenshot
    I'd be surprised if funkSTAR wasn't a gnome user.

But I know these trolls aren't at all representation of gnome users in general.

Leave a comment:

• Delgarde
    replied
    Originally posted by n3wu53r View Post
    I have seen gnome-is-dead posts but not "Gnom is dead, KDE rulezzz, futur is kde !!!1!1!!" kind of posts.
    To be fair, you're not seeing those from Gnome people, either. You're seeing them from noisy trolls, who may or may not actually be Gnome users...

Leave a comment:

• liam
    replied
    Why should anything change? Gnome's level of freedom and number of contributor s is higher than any alternative.
    Because IF Fedora starts carrying a significant diff to upstream the rh gnome devs are gonna start feeling even more pressure from within.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X