Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• verde
    replied
    XFCE is a fantastic desktop environment for hardware-outdated systems! It consumes just 130-150mb of RAM on x32 versions and its GPU requirements are very basic.

Of course visual experience is basic too, so on a modern system Unity is more reasonable choice.

Leave a comment:

• mrugiero
    replied
    Originally posted by TheOne View Post
    I have been using most of those features already for months by using a PPA and they are pretty stable, they make XFCE a lot more usable. I guess that XFCE developers are somehow perfectionist for not releasing already.
    I used to build git in a weekly basis, I even had a few scripts to do so. Then I switched computer and laziness won, so I'm using whatever version ships in Xubuntu.

Leave a comment:

• Redi44
    replied
    .icc profiles support would be nice

Leave a comment:

• FutureSuture
    replied
    I have fallen in love with Xfce after using Manjaro Xfce for a while. Xfce has to be my second favourite desktop environment, right after KDE. It's only going to get better!

Leave a comment:

• TheOne
    replied
    Originally posted by phoronix View Post
    Phoronix: Features Coming In The Xfce 4.12 Desktop

Xfce 4.12 still hasn't been released yet and it's running months behind schedule. Xfce 4.12 will be a major update to the lightweight desktop that's becoming an increasingly used alternative to Unity and the GNOME Shell. Here's an update on some of the completed features...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTM5OTA
    I have been using most of those features already for months by using a PPA and they are pretty stable, they make XFCE a lot more usable. I guess that XFCE developers are somehow perfectionist for not releasing already.

Leave a comment:

• phoronix
    started a topic Features Coming In The Xfce 4.12 Desktop

Features Coming In The Xfce 4.12 Desktop

Phoronix: Features Coming In The Xfce 4.12 Desktop

Xfce 4.12 still hasn't been released yet and it's running months behind schedule. Xfce 4.12 will be a major update to the lightweight desktop that's becoming an increasingly used alternative to Unity and the GNOME Shell. Here's an update on some of the completed features...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite
Working...
X