X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• schmidtbag
    replied
    Originally posted by verde View Post
    XFCE is a fantastic desktop environment for hardware-outdated systems! It consumes just 130-150mb of RAM on x32 versions and its GPU requirements are very basic.

Of course visual experience is basic too, so on a modern system Unity is more reasonable choice.
    XFCE is ok P4 but any older than that, LXDE is a better choice. XFCE has a noticeable performance hit compared to LXDE on crappier hardware.

Leave a comment:

• verde
    replied
    XFCE is a fantastic desktop environment for hardware-outdated systems! It consumes just 130-150mb of RAM on x32 versions and its GPU requirements are very basic.

Of course visual experience is basic too, so on a modern system Unity is more reasonable choice.

Leave a comment:

• mrugiero
    replied
    Originally posted by TheOne View Post
    I have been using most of those features already for months by using a PPA and they are pretty stable, they make XFCE a lot more usable. I guess that XFCE developers are somehow perfectionist for not releasing already.
    I used to build git in a weekly basis, I even had a few scripts to do so. Then I switched computer and laziness won, so I'm using whatever version ships in Xubuntu.

Leave a comment:

• Redi44
    replied
    .icc profiles support would be nice

Leave a comment:

• FutureSuture
    replied
    I have fallen in love with Xfce after using Manjaro Xfce for a while. Xfce has to be my second favourite desktop environment, right after KDE. It's only going to get better!

Leave a comment:

• TheOne
    replied
    Originally posted by phoronix View Post
    Phoronix: Features Coming In The Xfce 4.12 Desktop

Xfce 4.12 still hasn't been released yet and it's running months behind schedule. Xfce 4.12 will be a major update to the lightweight desktop that's becoming an increasingly used alternative to Unity and the GNOME Shell. Here's an update on some of the completed features...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTM5OTA
    I have been using most of those features already for months by using a PPA and they are pretty stable, they make XFCE a lot more usable. I guess that XFCE developers are somehow perfectionist for not releasing already.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X