Features Coming In The Xfce 4.12 Desktop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ubuntuaddicted View Post
    I am running Xubuntu 14.04 and am still on XFCE 4.10, i see the roadmap dates for XFCE have all had there dates crossed out. Does this mean that the XFCE desktop suite has no developers? I'd sort of like to know so that I can start searching for another Desktop suite to use instead. I love the lightweightness of XFCE, maybe I should go try LXDE.
    Necromancer, have a look at http://git.xfce.org

Comment

I am running Xubuntu 14.04 and am still on XFCE 4.10, i see the roadmap dates for XFCE have all had there dates crossed out. Does this mean that the XFCE desktop suite has no developers? I'd sort of like to know so that I can start searching for another Desktop suite to use instead. I love the lightweightness of XFCE, maybe I should go try LXDE.
      Over the past 2 months there have been 79 unique committers, via email address, as noted via https://mail.xfce.org/pipermail/xfce4-commits/ so it seems fairly active. I don't know what the distribution breaks down to though so it may be a lot of work in non core areas, or relatively small fixes. Perhaps someone has a script that can parse git emails to make a pretty graph.

Comment

who is necromancer? when I look at that I see all the packages that make up the XFCE suite. i don't know what to do with that. is there a PPA for 4.12 for development or testers?

Comment

who is necromancer? when I look at that I see all the packages that make up the XFCE suite. i don't know what to do with that. is there a PPA for 4.12 for development or testers?
          Sure, but it doesn't appear to be being kept up to date. The last upload appears to have been on April 2, 2014 and there are no builds for 14.04 yet.

This is the Xubuntu Developers team. The primary tasks of this team are:   1) Maintenance of core Xubuntu applications   2) Maintenance of Xfce and Xubuntu packages, including the development and review of patches   3) Management of the default package selection and settings This team is moderated; only users with sustained contributions to the team will be considered for approval. Read more about contributing to this team at http://xubuntu.org/contribute/development/

Comment

You can always just use KDE with compositing disabled. ( Alt + Shift + F12, then uncheck it in system settings)

Comment

Originally posted by mmstick View Post
              You can always just use KDE with compositing disabled. ( Alt + Shift + F12, then uncheck it in system settings)
              Right, because everyone know KDE magically turns into Xfce if you disable compositing.

But seriously, I doubt many of us run Xfce without Xfwm's own or an external compositor.

Comment

Working...
              X