Canonical Shows Mir, Unity-Next Running On MacBook Pro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

old shirt

old t-shirt, kde is slowly dying, but gnome 3 too. i really don t care about future. i managed a way to the problems if they appear. mir, wayland,, gtk or qt really don t care, the world changes we only need to adapt (but is painful for somepeople)
    Last edited by Andrecorreia; 14 May 2013, 08:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by schmidtbag View Post
      And AFAIK, wayland still doesn't have minimizing. So your point is?
      And what? GNOME doesn't have suport for it either and it's called a "feature"...

Comment

Originally posted by BO$$ View Post
        Fuck graphical interfaces. CLI is where it's at! Yeah!
        Why not have the best of both worlds?

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
          What is that?
          Where can I find more information about it?

Comment

Originally posted by Nuc!eoN View Post
            And what? GNOME doesn't have suport for it either and it's called a "feature"...
            LOL. I suppose you are being sarcastic, but in case you aren't, GNOME do have minimize functionality but it's disabled by default, and it isn't called a feature, it's a design decision. (I don't like it either way)

Comment

Originally posted by F i L View Post
              Is it commercial or open-source?
              Totally unrelated topics. The commercial vs free (as in freedom)/open-source software is false dichotomy. There are closed-source programs like Adobe Flash Player which are not commercial, in the sense that you don't have to pay for them.

Comment

Originally posted by intellivision View Post
                Why not have the best of both worlds?

You just answered your own question

Comment

It's silly that everything must be shown on Apple hardware or on Macbook styled graphics.

Comment

Originally posted by bo$$ View Post
                    too configurable. Plus too many colours. Dumb it down some more. Then it will be more in line with the [s]gnome shell[/s] unity philosophy.
                    ftfy.

Comment

Originally posted by Fenrin View Post
                      People at Canonical found probably out, that they need more love from KDE and KWin developers, so that Mir can be more successful. Martin Gr?sslin - a KWin developer - is not optimistic about the future of Ubuntus flavors.

He expressed his thoughts on Mir in a blog post recently: Mir in Kubuntu
                      Too bad he doesn't realize that if Ubuntu dies so does commercial software support for Linux. Losing the only successful Desktop Linux distro in history putting comercial hardware and software support back where it was in the early 2000's.

Originally posted by zester View Post
                      It's a "Were not Evil" - "Please like us again" - "Look at my KDE shirt" - "And were cool just check out the Mac!!!!" tactic. Unfortunately what they haven't figured out is that everyone other than the fanboys are thinking to themselves ....... "Yes you are" - "No, we fucking despise you" - "Nice I have one to except I earned mine by supporting the KDE community for 10+ years" - "Fuck You and Your Mac Douchbag".
                      And to everyone else you just look like the completely out of touch with reality basement dwelling nerd that you are for making that comment.

They are using the Retina air since it's the only cost effective very high resolution x86 machine on the market. Your only other options are ancient used medical imaging screens @ 3840x2400 screens like the IBM T221 that used a hack to make the system think that the screen was actually 4 lower resolution screens set in a grid with a bezel size of 0. Your only current option for a long time now was the obscenely priced Eizo FDH3601 @ 4096x2160.

Consumer 3840x2160 4K/QFHD LCDs are coming, and you can bet the first ones will be damn expensive when they arrive.

Comment

Working...
                      X