• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• phoronix
    started a topic SPGT: Open-Source Remote 3D Gaming

SPGT: Open-Source Remote 3D Gaming

Phoronix: SPGT: Open-Source Remote 3D Gaming

SPGT, short for Single Player Game Transmitter, is an open-source project that provides support for remote desktop transmission of games and other interactive 3D applications...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTM1MTU

• timofonic
    replied
    More than a year passed...

Any real alternative?

Leave a comment:

• guttermonk
    replied
    Rpi + spgt?

Has anyone tried this on Raspberry Pi?

Leave a comment:

• chenxiaolong
    replied
    Originally posted by timofonic View Post
    What happens if the game only runs in Microsoft Windows platforms?
    Wine I never tried any Windows games though. My brother liked playing mostly Wii games.

Leave a comment:

• timofonic
    replied
    Originally posted by chenxiaolong View Post
    This is awesome! I used to do something similar with VirtualGL and TurboVNC. I could stream Wii games in 1080p w/dolphin-emu so my brother and I could play multiplayer games from different rooms
    What happens if the game only runs in Microsoft Windows platforms?

Leave a comment:

• chenxiaolong
    replied
    This is awesome! I used to do something similar with VirtualGL and TurboVNC. I could stream Wii games in 1080p w/dolphin-emu so my brother and I could play multiplayer games from different rooms

Leave a comment:

• Pfanne
    replied
    does this allow for multiple clients?
    would be sweet to host this on a server with a fast connection play old emulated games with my friends over the internet

Leave a comment:

• darkbasic
    replied
    XVID?????

Leave a comment:

• carbs
    replied
    I think that streaming games over the Internet is just a waste of time due to flucuations in response time, bandwidth constraints etc and if you live in a country with poor international connections (Australia), you are left with little to no options... but streaming it around the house is a whole different story and something I've been looking for so I can play games on my TV without moving my main computer around the house.

I already have a Linux HTPC plugged into the TV and if I can just stream it locally that would be perfect, I might have to give this a go.

Leave a comment:

• kokoko3k
    replied
    Home made:
    https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=134207

Leave a comment:

Working...
X